1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

No drops in airfare

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by bswim, Mar 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Usually about 6-10 weeks out the airfare is it a low point. Right now looking at Alaska and SW (only 2 that fly non stop out of SEA(Seattle) and PDX (Portland) they're the same price the rest of the year.

I would guess it's due to fuel costs? Whatever the reason they better start dropping. LOL.

A month ago I bought my wife and I 2 roundtrip tickets for late April flying out of PDX, Fly out late Friday night and come home Tuesday mid day. Total price for both tickets $330. Right now those same flights are running about $300 each. I'm thinking of getting a ticket for a friend of mine or we were talking about just him and I going in May. Guess I should have come up with this idea sooner LOL

2. gilly from philly

gilly from philly Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess if your trip is 6-10 weeks out, this is a little late for you. Maybe for your next trip i guess, Delta starts non stop service between SEA and LAS June 11th.

3. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I typically always catch SWA on a drop. My Feb. trip the fares were as steady as I have ever saw. I paid as much as I had in 3 years. I just booked my Sept. for the same price as most days were much more expensive, I dont know what happened to the wild swings, but I have not witnessed that for awhile.

4. BreakEven

BreakEven Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The prices have been fluctuating for a while, but have been pretty steady in the last 10 days or so (I've been waiting for them to match sales from other carriers). I missed the lowest price, but ended up getting RT from SEA for about $220, which isn't that bad.

Alaska has a low price guarantee. As long as you fly more than once a year, it's great. VERY easy to claim. http://www.alaskaair.com/content/deals/special-offers/price-guarantee.aspx

Only 2nd trip for year :(
  5. BreakEven

BreakEven Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I see that they've dropped the rates $10-20 on some SEA-LAS flights in April.

Only 2nd trip for year :(
  6. farkingidiot

farkingidiot High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have noticed incremental price drops on Tues and Wed pretty regularly with SW. Their SW Vacation packages shown big up and down fluctuations.

7. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I keep reading the secret of low fares and have never found any of them to be very reliable. It's like predicting a chance of snow in winter in NH. It may or it may not snow but their ass is covered. One reason I like southwest is that it doesn't cost to change your flight if priced do come down. I have found prices stay the same for weeks and sometimes change daily. i'VE got great deals on sunday nights and weekdays too. Who knows? You keep checking and sometimes you luck out.

Jimbo338

8. chef

chef Resident Buffetologist

Due to shrinking of markets, airline mergers and consolidation of routes, cost of air travel will continue to rise throughout 2013.

9. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:

There are no SECRET airfares. Just folks with wool - to go over your eyes.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.