1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Nine Fine Irishmen - bogo or $25 credit

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by willywilkes, Aug 1, 2016.

1. willywilkes

willywilkes Low-Roller

Okay was reading through various posts on this reward and it looks to me like the bogo reward is actually the better deal, people seem to mention you get a comp certificate ($35-50 are the two amounts of heard) and use it however you want. Anyone go recently with this reward who can shed some light? Is it pretty much 50% off up to the value of the certificate, or if our total bill was only $50 before the reward would we just owe the difference between what the certificate covers and our total?

I know it's been asked and answered that you can use multiple rewards, but can the $25 credit be used to cover the buy one portion of the bogo? It sounds like you can definitely use two $25 or two bogos, but wasn't positive about this one.

I'm interested in checking it out but my partner likes to stick to our old favorites so I'm looking to swing this one by having it be too good a deal to not go, but want to make sure I understand how folks are really using it.

Thanks!

2. ChilliPalmer

ChilliPalmer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went in March and did BOGO. MLIFE desk gave us a $35 credit to use for anything on the menu (this was perfect for us). However now I noticed they have 3 reward options: BOGO shepherds pie or fish n chips for 10k, BOGO entree for 17k (what we did last trip) or 25$ credit for more points. This has me concerned that maybe they are tightening up or changing it. Last visit was 4 months ago. Will be back in 4 weeks.

3. M_ILIS

M_ILIS High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just used the standard BOGO one last week (not the fish & chips one, which I've used previously). Mlife desk gave us a $35 voucher, so they just removed $35 from our bill. I have no insight on using multiple NFI rewards at once.

4. h0und10

h0und10 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went in april and used the BOGO. The waiter seemed a bit confused but he just took off 35 bucks of our meal which was around 70 bucks for 4 people.
    great value, I would use that again

5. Marilynfan

Marilynfan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I also used the BOGO entree and received a $35 voucher. This was back in May. We went when they first opened at 11:00am and had their one breakfast dish each. The bill came to $1.36 plus tip. Can't help on using multiple vouchers. Definately a better deal than the $25 credit - less LPs and more money off.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2016
  6. pebbles

pebbles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have used both together. We had the standard one and the specific one. We bought three entrees and a couple of appetisers between us and they just took the total amount of the vouchers off the bill. This was in early May.

I wouldn't recommend the food to be honest. The entrees weren't a patch on what they were in previous years. My fish and chips was dreadfully overcooked and the batter was soggy.

First trip of 2017.
  7. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try the Sheppard's Pie. Delicious.

Superbowl Baby
  8. Odelay77

Odelay77 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Huh... so conceivably, on my solo trip, I could redeem the BOGO entree and just walk in and have a bigass meal with the $35 voucher, no? Or does it specify that there needs to be 2+ people in the party?

9. pebbles

pebbles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've tried the Shepherd's pie and many other dishes before, my point was that the quality had gone down since our last visit in 2015.

First trip of 2017.
  10. pebbles

pebbles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I can't see there being a problem with this. It may depend on the server though.

First trip of 2017.
  11. M_ILIS

M_ILIS High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The server never sees the myVEGAS reward, though. They just see the old-fashioned $35 comp voucher from the Mlife desk. I bet it would work.

12. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I understood your point. My point is I've had the Sheppard's pie and it has been consistently good over the years.

Superbowl Baby
  13. michele14

michele14 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Just redeemed the buy one get one free entree last week. It is a $35 comp slip which you can use any way you want to. We used it during happy hour, ordering 2 drinks, 3 appetizers and one desert and we ended up owing $2.16. Appetizers were really good and we had the guiness chocolate molten cake which was so good! I hope this rewards continues as we will definitely use it again.

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. willywilkes

willywilkes Low-Roller

Thanks all, 11 days to go, hopefully I can convince the partner to try it out!

15. Kobra2848

Kobra2848 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the heads up. I purchased the BOGO for my trip next month.

Mark

16. jbee

jbee Low-Roller

There will be 3 of us. We have 2 of the $25 comps now. I wonder if 1 of the $25 and the BOGO ($35 off, hopefully) would be better for us three.
    All this would depend upon what we order. I know it depends on the server also.? Just trying to maximise the experience. Or am I being too frugal?

Last edited: Aug 13, 2016
  17. bsalmoo

bsalmoo Tourist

Going with the BOGO based on advice above for trip in 10 days, if they actually make you BO I will post it here, b/c the $25 credit would be a better deal then since we plan on using the credit at happy hour.

18. emmas

emmas Low-Roller

I've gotten all three rewards just in case for my next trip, but planning only on using the BOGO if they continue to give out a $35 credit for it. It sounds like the better rewards for less LP and does not require a stay.

I've seen similar reports indicating that the buy an entrée and get free fish/ships reward is also a straight credit but conflicting report on how much the credit is.

19. HuskerBB

HuskerBB Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Would welcome reports on if these are still handed out as a credit. Want to use at least one of them on an upcoming trip.

20. sarah9nascar

sarah9nascar VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I bought all 3 also for our trip. Hope to use the $35 one if it's still that when we get there. Used the $25 last year but we did end up splitting a steak and got some side items. No problems.