1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Nightclub Recommendations - mixed group 40 yr olds!

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by Pinktraceb, Feb 27, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Pinktraceb

Pinktraceb Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi all

A mixed group (late 30's - early 40's) are going to Vegas 15 - 20 April (really excited!!!). Whilst we are there we want to experience a Vegas nightclub. When we go out here in the UK, we tend to go to clubs where we know the songs (so chart stuff) and can sing along and have a laugh (rather than taking anything too seriously).

Are there any recommendations? :confused2:

We are staying at the Aria. If you are staying at a hotel do you get priority entrance to their club?

I also notice that Calvin Harris is at the Hakkasan when we are there - is this recommended?

Thanks in advance

Tracey :wave:

2. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We are all in your age range and our group of 6 had a great time at Haze last month. All regular music, no electronic stuff.

We also have a lot of fun at LAX when we go. Its an older joint, but great for our age range.

HAK is the new young cool kid in town. The lines, prices and younger crowd can be a bit much for some from the reports I have read.

3. Pinktraceb

Pinktraceb Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fab thanks :)

Just had a quick look and Haze in at the Aria so even better as easier to stagger up to the room at the end of the night LOL!

What sort of time do clubs get busy in Vegas? and what sort of time do they close?

thx

4. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    usually 11pm on they get going pretty good. Most close by 3am or so. If you still have gas in the tank you can do after hours. Drais at Ballys is a great joint if you have the stamina.

As an aside, the door men and staff at HAZE were among the friendliest and most professional I have been around.

5. jbball50

jbball50 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    True, when I went there they were nice. They also were able to move the line quickly. Something that can be a pain if you don't have a host contact to get you in.

6. captainron62

captainron62 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Right, we got in there faster than 1OAK or Tryst that same night and Haze was the most packed. I couldn't find my way out, but that was the vodka's fault!

7. sweetcanadian

sweetcanadian High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure about clubs but we are doing a pub crawl with some other VMB users on april 17th if you all want to join in. Aside from your club night that is. It is only $20 and you get a drink at 6 different bars. There is a thread on it if you want to check it out.

8. coralrush

coralrush Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    *listens to suggestions for myself too*

I'll tell you where NOT to go - any of the hip trendy clubs that you'll hear all the hype about like XS (Encore), Marquee (Cosmo), Hakkasan (MGM). They pretty much play all Electronic Dance Music, no top 40. I was excited to go during my last trip and check out the hype, but didn't have the best time because, like you, I prefer clubs where I can sing and dance along to music I actually listen to on the radio.

My upcoming trip, I'm planning to hit one of the duelling piano bars - a guaranteed good, fun, sing along time!

9. chekraze

chekraze Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It sounds like you prefer "open format" music which will tend to be stuff you tend to hear on the radio. So yes, for the most part avoid the latest and greatest like Hakkasan and Light. They mostly play EDM however seeing Calvin Harris prob gives you a little mainstream music since he has so many hits on the radio. Our group of couples is there the same week as you (and same age group as you guys!) and I also noticed Calvin is spinning at Hakkasan. Unfortunately he also draws huge crowds and prices for a table can be very high.

Your choice also depends on what night of the week you will be clubbing, e.g. if it's a Thursday night you may want to consider Tryst at Wynn. They have great bottle service specials (through their host) and it's plenty busy there for a Thursday night. This is most likely going to be what we do for our first night there (April 17th.)

We happen to also be staying at Aria and are NOT considering going to Haze. From reviews I've read I think there are too many better options out there. For open format I think Tryst, 1Oak and Hyde (overlooks Bellagio fountains) are better options. Even Chateau's rooftop is not a bad option as you get to party overlooking strip and the Bellagio fountains.

As far as getting any priority entrance to Haze I don't believe it makes much difference that you are staying at Aria. If that's important then you are better of trying to get on their Guest List (not difficult) and extremely easy if you are mostly girls in your group.

Do you all plan on getting bottle service or going in as general admission?

Hope this helps
    PJ

10. user3657

user3657 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have found your age group is mostly at Tryst and Pure. :drunk:

11. Pinktraceb

Pinktraceb Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks all for the suggestions - it's a bit of a minefield as there are just so many places to choose from!!

we will probably do just general admission rather than bottle service...

12. Franken Dean

Franken Dean Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you guys want to sing along and be crazy, I agree the dueling pianos is perfect for the group. I always go to Harrah's, it is kind of small for 12, so be early.

13. chekraze

chekraze Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A couple of other good options that may work for you is to do one of the club crawls that take care of walking you in and you will definitely end up at clubs with music you like. I've heard they really take good care of you. Or try an ultra lounge like Bond located right next door to you at Cosmopolitan. Good DJ and great drinks.

If you try and do gen admission to Calvin Harris it will be more crowded than you can imagine. Read some Yelp reviews on Hakkasan just for clarification.

14. kps

kps High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  15. pac1971

pac1971 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're the same age range and did the Nitetours club crawl on a Sunday night. It was a lot of fun with a nice age range and people from all over the world on it! We actually ended at Hakkisan so we got to see what the hype was about! Lots of free drinks on the bus and 3 clubs for 70 bucks.

It was a nice 'taster' to check out the clubs but of course the problem is you have to leave each one but the last one after about an hour.

Hakkisan was a pretty amazing place to see..Never had to get on a fancy freight elevator to get up to a club before!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.