1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Night at the Hippodrome

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Trip Reports' started by ryancoomber, Aug 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ryancoomber

ryancoomber Newbie

My Trip Report

Hi all,

I had a night using rewards at the Hippodrome last night so thought I would share my experience with you in case any of you have it coming up.

I was redeeming the VIP package consisting of the dinner, show, champagne, and £50 in free gaming chips as well as a few free gaming chips vouchers, I called up a couple of weeks ago to redeem this and it took several attempts to get through but when I did I spoke to a lady who seemed to know all about the myvegas rewards, she also informed me that as I had now redeemed that reward over the phone for the night I could now redeem an additional two rewards on the night I visit as you can redeem any two rewards in 24 hours which I thought was pretty cool as I was technically going to be redeeming 3 rewards on the night then really.

Upon arrival at the Hippodrome last night around 5pm my partner (she also plays Myvegas) and I went to the desk on the left to sign up for the Hippodrome friends account which you have to do but it is free and only took 5 minutes. The guy behind the desk Robin was very helpful but wasn't really too sure about the Myvegas rewards and I got the impression he had not dealt with many before. My partner and I both redeemed a £100 free gaming chip and a £50 free gaming chip giving us a nice £300 to play with, that took about 15-20 minutes to sort out at the desk and he was also not sure about the VIP package and asked if I could leave it with him to check while we went and played for a bit so we did.

At they desk they give you a little token that you take to the cashiers cage who then give you the free bet chips all in £5's.
    I then took them to the blackjack tables (there is 4 in total on the main floor) and sat down on a minimum £10 table, there was also a £5 bet table but it was rammed with not a spare seat.
    The atmosphere was quite quiet but the dealer was very friendly and helpful, I play blackjack quite regularly and if you do not play I wouldn't worry as not many people at the table seemed to know what they were doing and the dealer was happy to help.

After an hour or so I went back to the desk to sort out the VIP package which after some discussion and explaining was sorted and I went up to the Helliot steak house to redeem the dinner.
    They gave me the additional £50 in free chips at the dinner (£25 each) and also champagne each. We wasn't seeing a show as there were none on but was told we could go back another day to see one.
    The dinner was from the pre-theatre menu and I can't complain as it was a free dinner at the end of the day but it was pretty poor, my partner is a vegetarian and her only options were a lettuce (literally just a lettuce with dressing) for starters and cabbage for dinner lol, I had to laugh as it was free.
    I had the meatballs for starter which weren't great at all, and the rump steak and chips for dinner which was ok but no veg or anything just steak and chips, we ordered a couple of alcoholic drinks also which you have to pay for so dinner came to like £11 with 12.5% tip already added on so how can you moan? (but the food was pretty bad lol).

We then went back to the blackjack tables to sit down for some serious gaming :) I guess the time now was about 8pm and the lowest table minimum was now £10 which I thought still wasn't bad for a Saturday night.
    We played basic blackjack strategy and did pretty well I have to say, we turned our £350 in free chips into £515 in real money before cashing out.

Overall we had a great night out and I have to say I think the rewards at the Hippodrome are without question the best on Myvegas at the moment by a mile, we usually go Vegas once a year and the rewards there have steadily declined over the years but the Hippodrome blows them out of the water in terms of value, I still find it had to believe you can go and get £350 in free gaming chips and a free dinner!!!

I can't really believe that they will keep those rewards going forever as it is going to cost them some money so go and redeem while you can!!

If anyone has any questions I will be more than happy to answer them

2. Corinne

Corinne Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Many thanks for this. We are going in a couple of weeks but not staying there. Just a night out to use £275 free chips between us. Hopefully we will have the same luck as you. I agree it is the best deal ever on MyVegas and I'm sure it won't last long. Did you by any chance ask how often you could get these rewards? Once per member or once per month maybe? Again, thanks for the report.

Corinne

3. ryancoomber

ryancoomber Newbie

Hi Corinne,

I didn't ask how often you could use the rewards and I'll be honest the staff there didn't know a huge amount about Myvegas so I would be surprised if they knew anyway but I would imagine it would be the same as the US Myvegas rewards as in you can only use them once until they change i.e change the price of the reward or change the conditions of the reward.

Good luck for your upcoming visit I'm sure you will do well :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.