1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

NHL: Stanley Cup Champions Los Angeles Kings

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by JWBlue, Jun 11, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That 5:00 major for boarding on the Devil's Bernier was atrocious and gave the game to the Kings. Should have been a 2:00.

It was a make up call for the bs illegal stick call on Marty McSorley in the 1993 finals.
    Yea, that call was within the rules, but it was a lame and likely cost the Kings the Stanley Cup that year.

Full circle.

2. Falcon_Rob

Falcon_Rob Flying Winnebago

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "The episodes in life that last so many years in memory are often measured in fleeting minutes as they happen. By the way, no practice tomorrow!!"

That was the congratulatory message that I was hoping to convey to the first true LA Kings fan to chime in tonight after the big win!! Instead, I see someone who has obviously clung to a ridiculous sense of entitlement for 19 full years after an appropriate and correct call by a referee way back in 1993! JWBlue, as a former sports official, I can say the referee who called the major on Bernier tonight did not have ANY thought in his head whatsoever of the McSorley call way back in 1993. To even bring it up on, what should be a joyous occasion, cheapens the accomplishment of your apparent favorite team and the sport of hockey in general.

There might even be a Devil fan out there who will harbor ill will toward Pierre Racicot, the official who accidentally interfered with a New Jersey player tonight that may have led to a goal. Racicot got caught with a stick to the face resulting in a big fat lip and cut, probably resulting in stitches. Until he was replaced, he continued to skate acting like nothing had happened.....persevering while honoring his craft and the sport of hockey. How absolutely absurd would it be for that Devil fan to bring up this incident 19 years from now as some sort of justification for a future earned title?!?!?!

I've never been a huge fan of the Kings, but my favorite all-time hockey player was Rob Blake, having followed him beginning with his days at Bowling Green. He played the game with honor and class....and I envisioned him hoisting the cup tonight with his King's brethren. I hope that you follow in that spirit....not wallowing in perceived past injustices, but celebrating in present accomplishments, and being justifiably hopeful for the future for the team in the awesome sport that I hope you and I cherish!

3. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My comment about it being a makeup call was tongue in cheek. I can see how it might have come across as being serious. There needs to be a smiley face with a tongue in his cheek.

I don't really consider myself a Kings fan. It would be bandwagon to call me that. I was rooting hard for the Kings though.

That one call did ruin that game. It would have been more rewarding to win a fair game. I firmly believe referees can cost a team a game in any sport. It is taboo to say for a player or coach to say that, but it is true.

The Devils were especially angry because the Kings could have been called for boarding a few minutes earlier.

Tough break.

Kings are the first #8 seed to win the SC.

:drunk:

4. ant1433

ant1433 Low-Roller

Enjoy Kings fans. Your PP and PK won the series for you. I don't blame officials or Bernier for losing the series.I actually like the Kings before the series started. I think about Clarkson and Kovy missing open nets in game 1 and 2. Thats what lost the series for the Devils. Yes, I am a Devils fan.:wink2:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.