1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

NFL seat cushion ban

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Joe, Jul 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I received my Packer season tickets yesterday and I was reading through the info packet they include with the tickets. It says traditional seat cushions consisting of no more than a seat cushion and fold up back are permitted. WTF? Everything I read is that the NFL banned them after the Boston disaster, so I called the Packers.

It seems since all the seats (minus club seats) are bleachers, they got an exemption from the NFL. You can't bring in seats with pockets, zippers etc, but the old fashioned fold up type with a back are still allowed at Lambeau. Very glad since our old ones wore out and we bought a new pair last year.

Christmas
  2. mdm4sfest

mdm4sfest Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They made this announcement for us fans here in CLE about 2 months ago, same thing. Also women couldnt bring in purses and any bags brought in had to be see through.

3. walylama

walylama Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    News to me. I'm a 49ers season ticket holder and they were never disallowed. I've never been to Lambeau but it looks like bleacher seating where a cushion is a big deal. I stopped going to Cal games because of the uncomfortable bleachers.

Edit: I just looked at the Nfl site and its called the 'all-clear' policy. Its Candlestick's last season and the season tix came in a shrink wrapped commemorative box so I haven't opened it. However, it still list them as being OK on the 49ers website.

4. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Christmas
  5. walylama

walylama Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Joe, did they had the clear bag policy at Lambeau already? They had that over here since the first game after 9/11. Browns fans get a free clear tote with their season tickets, not that it will make up having Browns tickets.:evillaugh

6. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    No, the clear bag policy will start this year, but they didn't issue any. Last year my wife could still bring in a bag/purse, but it was searched.

Hang in there, it's only been about 50 years since they won a championship.:evillaugh

Christmas
  7. saintpauljeff

saintpauljeff VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    wow, I had no idea they banned purses LOL that is too funny, I hope people reserve enough extra time to get into the stadiums now

8. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting news. I'm a Steeler season ticket holder. There was no notice in the envelope when my tickets arrived. Its possible I overlooked it.

The seats in my section are bleacher seats. I do not use any type of fold-up seat, but many in my section do.

9. Frankr163

Frankr163 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got my season tix for the Bills in the mail yesterday. The letter accompanying them reiterated the no purse, clear bag policy, but also included the seat cushion policy. They will also permit us to bring a 15x15 size cushion that is sealed, no zippers, pockets or flaps.
    I know locally there was a big uproar on the proposed ban. As you are aware, winter weather can be brutal outside for games, and the cushion can make a difference. Maybe the NFL actually listened to the season ticket base in this case.

10. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I got my season tickets in the mail yesterday for the Los Angeles Raiders / Rams / Chargers / jaguars......................Oh wait! I must be dreaming again!!:nono::cry::grrr:

11. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It's ok Joe, the Vikings are going to win the division this year, anyway :evillaugh

12. mjames1229

mjames1229 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am very surprised that they are still allowing the fold-up seat-backs at Lambeau.

Reason? Because they RENT the seat-backs at the Stadium. Why allow them to be brought in when the team could get another $8 per person for each game?

I am not a season-ticket holder, but I try to get to one game each season. I have the seat-backs, but don't take them with me because they are a pain in the arse to walk through the city with. I just make sure I budget an extra $10 for a seat-back, and rent one as soon as I walk through the gate.

Super Bowl with my son
    2017 USBC Open Championships
  13. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As a Raider fan, I'm hoping they'll allow the seat-cushions, purses, etc. and ban the team from the stadium if they start pullin' their shit AGAIN!

14. Joe

Joe VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Lol, did hell freeze over?
    My on-line betting site has it this way as of today:

Green Bay Packers -167
    Chicago Bears +375
    Detroit Lions +550
    Minnesota Vikings +650

You should be jumping all over that one Zamboni:poke::evillaugh
    Bet $100, make $650!
    Or, to win the NFC, Vikes are +2500

Top four for NFC:

San Francisco 49ers +350
    Seattle Seahawks +400
    Green Bay Packers +500
    Atlanta Falcons +800

Christmas
  15. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Similar here. I'm at-

GB -175
    Chi +350
    Det +600
    Min +600

16. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Ramblin' Gamblin' Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're much more likely to be killed by a National Felon League athlete than a terrorist wielding a seat cushion.

Attached Files:

17. zamboni

zamboni VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That is laughable, the Vikes had by far the best draft of all the North teams- 3 first round picks and had the best off season signings. That coupled with a surprising playoffs berth last year and a QB with better WR's to throw to and they have a very good shot at winning the North this season. The "experts" have the Lions over the Vikes, :rolleyes2:

18. FXT

FXT VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The clear bag policy was enforced at Candlestick when we caught the Dolphins game last year. I thought it was the norm.

They didnt care about the subway sandwich or water bottles full of vodka we brought in either :evillaugh

19. jerseyguy

jerseyguy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank god for flat screens and hi-def televisions

I dont miss Giants Stadium in December,maybe I'm getting old ,but my family room is a lot warmer. My new recliner has a motor in it ,I dont even have to pull the handle anymore.

20. C0usineddie

C0usineddie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They should allow seat pads and ban the packers. That would make 99% of the league happy.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.