1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

NFL Playoffs Divisional Round

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by UKFanatic, Jan 4, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Divisional Round is set. Carolina at Seattle and Dallas at GB in the NFC. Baltimore at New England and Indy at Denver in the AFC. Let the discussion begin ....

2. dutchvelvet

dutchvelvet VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice timing on the post UK. That was like 5 minutes after matchups came out.

I'm feeling GB and NE strongly right now. Cowboys didn't look good, and the Packers have really played excellent at home.

Carolina will probably get a ton of points, may be a good play on a low scoring game.

3. PayTriple

PayTriple The Cucumber King

Trips to Las Vegas:
    All four home teams have formidable home field advantages, and in the cases of Seattle and Green Bay, almost legendary.
    So which game will be the upset game?

4. scc31

scc31 Low-Roller

Go all 4 home winners BIG. If anything, pick the Cowboys to upset. Great road record this season and plays best under pressure away from home, not under pressure at home. (as shown today)

BOL to all you VMBers

5. TheCooler

TheCooler Professional Gambler and the Best Football Handica

Pats are 13-3 at home in the playoffs since 2001. Despite my disdain for the organization I'd call that legendary.

6. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    New England got a tough draw with Baltimore. Harbaugh and Flacco on the road in the playoffs are very formidable. They can look terrible in the regular season but when playoff time comes along they're standing tall. I have to think the Pats would have preferred to see anyone but Baltimore.

I hope Green Bay dismantles Dallas.

I can't see Indy knocking Denver off. Not only does this have the great theater of Peyton vs his old team and Peyton vs the dude who replaced him...but it has an interesting subplot of which Peyton will we see? The one who was a tab off kilter in the last bit of the season and they lead on CJ Anderson? Or does he come out and ride Demaryius and Emmanuel Sanders down the field?

Carolina has no shot. I mean...any given Sunday and all that but this could be one of the bigger mismatches in playoff history. I know Seattle knocked off New Orleans as a team with a losing record but I cannot see Carolina going up there and winning.

I picked a SEATTLE vs NEW ENGLAND Super Bowl a couple weeks ago and I will stick with it.

Current lines....

New England -7
    Seattle -11
    Green Bay -6.5
    Denver -7

I am thinking of laying all chalk except for the Ravens...I will take them anywhere from +4.5 on up.

7. lotso-bear

lotso-bear VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm thinking the same match up as well. Would love to see another Manning v Brady game in the AFC Championship Game.

8. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed. Without looking it up I'm going on memory here but it's rare to get both 1-2 seeds in the championship weekend and both 1 seeds in the Super Bowl...but other than the Baltimore Ravens I don't see any road teams having much of a shot.

Even if Denver's passing game struggles their OL and running game should be able to control Indy. And the Denver DL (Ware and Miller namely) should be able to get after Luck. However the Broncos do have a weakness at LB so I'm curious if they get some of their injured guys back.

Denver at New England
    Green Bay at Seattle

Can't wait!

9. broncofn

broncofn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Believe it or not, this game worries me.

10. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sure because Indy is a good team. They have a good coaching staff and a good QB.

Herron seems to be saving their running game a bit even if it is coming in the way of short passes. But he's a fumbler.

Peyton's motivation, which he will downplay , will be to beat them as an extra little jab. But I really can see Anderson as being the key. Indy's defense will give up some rushing yards... Ride Anderson and draw up the LBs and whether Peyton is one or not that'll give him room to operate.

It'll be a fantastic game though. I'm already ready for this week to be over

11. TheCooler

TheCooler Professional Gambler and the Best Football Handica

I'm really up in the air on this game, it could go either way. But I do feel -7 is a bit too strong for Denver.

12. undathesea

undathesea Grandissimo

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think if Manning can somehow return to his early season form, the Broncos easily beat the Colts.

Manning hasn't been very good lately though and the Broncos defense has been keeping them winning games.

I like the road dogs with those high spreads to cover... except for the Ravens. I have a rule about not betting against the Patriots. It's saved me plenty of money over the years.

13. boxofbirds

boxofbirds High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm excited to be in town while the Seahawks are playing and making my first sports bet. No matter what I gotta bet I'm betting my home team to win, but any advice for a newbie? Was thinking I'd just do a straight bet. So if the line is still -11 then I'd be betting Seattle to win by 12 or more points, right?

Trip #12
  14. Irishwake

Irishwake Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Under 11 you lose. Exactly 11 you push. Over 11 you win.
    Or you could bet them just to win.
    I think it is around -510. You need to bet $510 to win $100.

15. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    irish is correct in his explanation...

Normally I am hesitant to lay double digit points...especially in the playoffs because usually both teams are evenly matched to some degree. Carolina has stepped up defensively and while Seattle's offense doesn't boast greatness at the skill positions outside of Lynch...they're still dangerously effective. That is the only good thing I can really say about Carolina.

But I would lay the -11 and feel ok in doing so.

Any of you guys on here know when the last time there was a double digit spread in the playoffs?

Edit: If you'd like to make a straight bet on the spread just get the bet number (a three digit number next to SEA on the big board inside the sports book) and tell the ticket writer how much you want to bet.

So if Seattle's three digit number is 544 you'd say "Give me the spread on 544 to win $100"

If you bet to win $100 you'll pay $110 (unless they pump the juice up a bit in which it could be $115 or $120).

Good luck!

16. chess

chess VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

Biggest balls than me... did you see Carolina's D.... Yes I know they played the shitty ass Cardinals with a 3rd string Qb that probably couldnt start in college LOL.....

But Carolina has the formula to be a spoiler, and or point cover team... just my .02.....

id bet Carolina with +11 thats me though :)

17. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Oh yeah...their D is stout. McDermott is their DC (ex-Iggle coach) and a Jim Johnson disciple so I love that style they play.

I can't see the Panthers offense doing anything...because they lack that explosiveness I can see Seattle winning by 13+.

Playoffs + homefield advantage + Carolina being sub-par = me laying double digits when I normally wouldn't lol

Remember how Seattle dismantled Arizona in Arizona? They were able to move and score on a pretty good Cards D...granted they slacked off a bit the next week against STL but that was an impressive performance.

18. massiets

massiets Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Although I am rooting against Seattle I don't think that I would bet against them. I'm with broncofan, I am a little worried about Andrew Luck and the Colts coming into Denver. I am a die hard Bronco fan and I can only hope that LB Brandon Marshall will play. Denver's defense has been pretty stout against the run, except for the Cincinnati game but has given a bunch up in passing. It seemed that Indy completely forgot about the running game last week and stuck to the passing game. Something the Broncos have given up some yards on. I don't know if Payton is hurt or not, but the last 4 or 5 weeks they have been relying on the running game more and that has got me worried! Lets have some passing that sets up the run!!! I'm also rooting for a Ravens win for a possible AFC Championship game in Denver!!!

19. moefoe81

moefoe81 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't know if Seattle can cover the 11pt spread. Seems like they are struggling in the first half lately. It could be a 7pt or less game I think.

Ernie

20. ncfatcat

ncfatcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As a Panthers fan I can tell you this years Panthers have sucked in prime time games and Ron Rivera's house caught on fire Sunday night. The Panthers rookies are growing up but still another draft or two away from being a first tier team. The line may be inflated as it's hard to get any Carolina fans to bet on Carolina without a large spread.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.