1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

NFL: Is New York Giants +4.5 a gift?

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by JWBlue, Sep 10, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Normally when I see a line that is too good to be true, I bet the other side.

Not this week.

The Giants had 6 turnovers last week and could have won.

Broncos without their best defender.

How can New York be getting 4.5 at home?

This is one of the strangest lines I have seen in a while.

It makes me nervous taking the points, but I am going to.

Not sure why Dallas opened at +1 at KC. Not sure either who is betting KC up to -2.5.

KC had the worst record in the NFL last year.

I know KC is one of the toughest places to play, but it does not trump the difference in talent with these teams.

I guess people don't believe in Romo.

Another head scratcher.

Dallas +2.5.

2. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    KC is pretty strong this year actually.

3. Keyser Soze

Keyser Soze Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    KC now -3 at most shops. I think its a fair line. KC figures to be pretty decent this year. KC is a tough environment for visiting teams. And Romo got beat up pretty good (bad ribs) against the Giants. KC laying a FG seems about right.

The Denver line does seem a bit inflated. They are a HUGE public team now. Books know they will get Denver money no matter what number they hang. There is some value on NYG but remember you need enough value to overcome 11/10.

Personally, I'm not likely to take a position on either game.

4. Tahoejoe2

Tahoejoe2 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Blue
    I think you answered the KC question in your writeup about the NY Giants.
    "The Giants had 6 turnovers last week and could have won."
    Dallas almost lost that game. Dallas on the road. No way.

Superbowl Baby
  5. VegasBJ

VegasBJ VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Also heard that Dez Bryant may be questionable.

Either way, I think the lines are too high, so I would take a teaser Dal + 9 / NYG + 10.5. I don't think either game will be a blow out, so these numbers should cover a loss as well as getting the winning ticket should the dog win outright.

6. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That teaser is probably the best wager of the week.

7. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As a Giant fan for 45 years I will say this............BE VERYCAREFUL with this one. The Giants running game is in DISARRAY( they resigned Jacobs today), their O line is still shaky and their LB crew is not that great. That said I kinda LIKE the Giants as an OVER play.

As an aside that probably confuses more than helps.........The Big Tuna is getting his HOF ring at halftime ( and there is a breakfast brunch roast with many of the 86/90 Jints doing the roasting and will be at the game). Weather is supposed to be decent...bu tread lightly if betting the teams

8. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I will be playing the Broncos as a road favorite for two reasons;

The Giants CBs are prone to getting picked on, Corey Webster and Aaron Ross will probably be the top two since Prince Amukamara was concussed. Terrell Thomas is coming off a couple knee surgeries. I like Peyton and the Broncos passing game against those guys.

As jrinct1 mentioned - the Giants running game is not too good right now. They just signed old friend Brandon Jacobs! Will they let Wilson play again or is he in Coughlin's permanent doghouse?

Yes the Giants DL could give the Broncos OL some trouble and make it hard on Peyton - but I don't think it will be enough to make a huge difference.

As for the Cowboys and Chiefs...I am an Eagles fan and know that Andy Reid knows the Cowboys very well. He's always seemingly had solid game plans against them. Plus the Chiefs defense has some pretty solid talent and let's be real...Jason Garrett and Bill Callahan will get pass happy again and then you have Romo with banged up ribs and Bryant with a twisted ankle.

9. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rock...ya are kinda making my point LOL!. But who is gonna stop all the Jints receivers esp if they get help with O line and protect Eli?? THAT'S why I like the over. But I wouldn't bet either team if YOU gave me the $$$$ to play. But good luck playing the ponies.

10. anton73

anton73 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only NFC East team I see winning this week is Philly. I think KC and Denver both cover.

Just my opinion

11. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was spot on with the Jints Ponies game being over. Wish I was betting would have CLEANED house on that one. Thought the game would be closer but it wasn't.

12. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    :vomit:

Broncos look unstoppable.

Looks like a lonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng year for the Giants.

13. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its 2 games in. RELAX. HOW MANY PEOPLE were anointing the EAGLES king of the world after week 1. What happened to them???? Got beat by the Chargers. FWIW Jints are only 1 game out. Things are correctable. Very concerned about the Jints but not hitting the panic button yet. If the the O line gets better and the turnovers get under control, they will be ok. ( Yes they have other issues but those 2 are the main ones). RIGHT NOW( after week 2) the Broncos look like the AFC rep for the SB.Only time will tell if that plays out.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.