1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

NFL: Dallas -1

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by JWBlue, Sep 22, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    YTD : 4-2 (+1.80 units)

I don't understand this line.

Chargers are atrocious and banged up. Cowboys will emerge as SB contenders.

Dallas -1 (-110) Wynn

2. anton73

anton73 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    SB Contender? They barely beat the 0-3 Giants and gave a beatdown to the 1-2 Rams. Good shot to win the terrible NFC East, but lets not get crazy.

3. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe SB has an alternate meaning because I definitely don't see Dallas as a Super Bowl contender. They'll have a good shot at making the playoffs seeing as how bad the NFC East is right now, but Super Bowl? I don't think so.

4. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    WJOOOOOOOA Cowboy.. Be REAL careful on the SB pick. Ya haven't done anything in EONS and ya MIGHT get the division..If things break right which EARLY it has. I can name 4 teams right now in the NFC that would KILL the Cowboys and another 2 or 3 that would beat them.

They are telling you its just about a pickem game. Which probably is right.

5. Kingbarkus

Kingbarkus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the laugh this morning...I needed that.

6. ClownHo

ClownHo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i'd argue that if you make the playoffs, you're a superbowl contender, in the loosest sense of the term. but i didn't hear dallas mentioned one time as a superbowl contender during the preseason, and i wouldn't dub a team a superbowl contender when their loss came to a 2-14 team from a season ago. (yeah, i know, new QB, new head coach, NFL parity). call me crazy, but i need a larger sample size.

like others, thanks for the laugh. i'm looking forward to that cowboys-jets superbowl in february.

7. Squib

Squib Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Line is at -1 to entice equal action but I think it will cause a flooding of public money which books are okay with...bit of a red flag if your a cowboys backer IMO.

I kind of like the Super Chargers in this one.

Good luck on whatever you play.

8. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Anthony Spencer out for the year. Not what I expected.

Cowboys still lead the league in sacks.

One of their best defenders. A devastating blow.

Chargers are wretched. Still like the pick.

9. ClownHo

ClownHo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    how will that affect their status as superbowl contenders after sunday's victory?

10. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Every team is technically a SB contender until they mathematically have no shot...

11. ClownHo

ClownHo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    and you'd be recommended for psychiatric care if you started touting the jacksonville jaguars as superbowl contenders.

by the way, did you know that the jags are america's team? they're a team, in america, so they're america's team.

did you know that minneapolis is america's playground? it has a playground, in america, so it's america's playground.

forget vegas, you can enjoy electronic gaming at bars in america's playground! i'd better go register minneapolismessageboard.com now, if i'm not too late!

as for the cowboy's, i wouldn't bet against them this weekend, but i wouldn't bet on them, either. if i had to pick, i'd lean toward betting on texas' team. and it certainly seems like they're in the driver's seat for their division, although in the past we would have read about how everything was aligned for the eagles and that we'd be a fool for doubting them. i miss those days.

12. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seems I struck a nerve here....

:soapbox::poke:

13. vegas_or_bust

vegas_or_bust High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am curious as to the 4 NFC teams that would "kill" the Cowboys and the other 2 or 3 teams that would beat them.

The Cowboys are 20:1 to win the SB right now, which certainly makes them a contender in my book. Keep in mind that the Cowboys will host the divisional playoff round (assuming they win the division, which is likely). They will be favored in that game. If they win that game they are one win away from the SB, and they may even be hosting the NFC championship game. I think the OP is much more in tune with reality than you give him credit for.

14. ClownHo

ClownHo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    you might be onto something. by thanksgiving there may be no doubt. it's hard to take texas' team seriously based upon the sample size we have to work with, but winning cures everything.

15. ClownHo

ClownHo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    not so much. but since we are talking in technicalities, i'm going to go enjoy a beautiful day here in god's country.

16. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If the Cowboys win the NFC East but finish in the 3 or 4 seed they will only be hosting the first game which is the Wild Card round, and not the divisional round. If they win the Wild Card game they would then go on the road to play either the 1 or 2 seed in the Division round. The only way they would get to play at home in the NFC Championship game would be if the only team remaining was lower seeded than them.

17. jrinct1

jrinct1 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Seattle, N.O. ATLANA and GB are the first 4. Chicago SF are the other 2 ( and maybe Philly if they get their defense straightened out).Right now Dallas is a decent team in ( RIGHT NOW) a terribly mediocre division. Am NOT conceding the NFC division yet. I am almost certain the Jints and Skins will get better.(As a giant fan I am praying as much). Philly their O will be good am not sure on their D and also VERY unsure Kelly's style will work completely.......Lets see how thing play out in 3 or 4 more weeks, and THEN ya can have a very good read how ALL the NFC teams ( esp in the east) will be. Regarding my Jints I said before the season starts 9-7,10-6 with a shot at the playoffs. That might not happen.
    Maybe 8-8 gets the division and if that's the case I feel it will all come down to play w/in the NFC EAST.
    Cowboys being 20-1 is on their ( past??) rep and large following ( kinda like the Yankees.. you would probably play a premium to bet them). They have a LOT of turnover with personnel and a LOT of new coaches . So far so good.
    See how it all plays out. But good luck...........

18. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    People are overlooking Tony Romo. He will step forward this year into one of the top tier quarterbacks. I can't see DAL, PHI, or NYG sniffing the division title this year.
    I know it is early, but all three teams are a mess.

Seattle looks like the cream of the crop.

Dallas, New Orleans, and Green Bay are just about clones of each other with good offenses and bad defenses. They will likely win their divisions.

It appears (almost certain based on schedules) that Seattle and New Orleans will be #1, #2 in seedings.

Can Dallas go into Seattle or N.O. and win? Probably not but stranger things have happened.

19. USCHawks

USCHawks High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The last time Tony Romo played in Seattle in the playoffs this was the result...

[​IMG]

20. Kingbarkus

Kingbarkus Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ha ha ha. Keep'em coming. You don't quit, do you?

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.