1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

News From the World of Hurricane Mikey

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by HurricaneMikey, Jan 23, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. HurricaneMikey

HurricaneMikey A-List Buffoon

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey gang--I promised, and I'm here to deliver. While my old Hurricane Mikey blog with years of rants, raves, and assorted Vegas stories gathers dust like a neglected room bible in the Rainman Suite, I've not been *completely* out of practice. Well, honestly, maybe I was a little bit. Sitting in a cube doing a job I don't much care for tends to suck the creative juices out of you, and not in a good way. Besides, nobody wants to read about life in the cube farm.

But I've started a new project and it will keep my busy for most of the year. While I really wanted to write that Vegas book, my mind has been occupied by other things, and this is kinda what's happening.

First things first, I encourage you all to go to http://www.facebook.com/ThruHikeSyndicate for 'official' updates from me as I hike the Appalachian Trail, and I encourage you all to 'like' it, 'share' it, and follow it. But for the really good stuff that may strike a familiar chord with old-skool HM disciples, I encourage you all to bookmark www.trailjournals.com/blueberry2014

That is my latest project, and it's about to blow up. I've only got 13 posts there so far, but I can feel the dam breaking. Once I hit the trail, posting will be sporadic until I find myself on the corner of Downtime Lane and Free Wifi Drive every few weeks. I hope to make the daily grind of getting my ass kicked in the mountains entertaining for all you folks, and I really really want to make it an interesting read.

It's been a long three years for me, and although I've kinda fallen off the map, I'm still alive and kicking. I hope my trail stories will be as much fun as my old Vegas stories.

Thanks!

Mikey

2. bsbaz

bsbaz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome back! Always have enjoyed your writing, whether Vegas related or not! Best of luck on the hike!

3. Thor

Thor Beer Drinker

Trips to Las Vegas:
    glad you've got another blog going...i enjoy your writing style...keep it up :beer::beer::beer:

4. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck. A friend of mine hiked the AT about a decade ago and it made me jealous that I couldn't join him. You will have a blast!

Bday weekend in Tunica
    Stop #2 of my two week bday extravaganza
  5. pebbles

pebbles VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm reading through your trail journal and really enjoying it. I have it bookmarked and I'll be following your AT journey.

Thanks for posting, you're an inspiration!

Second trip of 2017
    Still second trip of 2017
  6. weluvvegas

weluvvegas Vegas Slot Junkie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We've missed you!! Thank you for the links, I'll be checking them out....good luck you sir!

7. Viva Las Vegas

Viva Las Vegas Ramblin' Gamblin' Man

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Mikey starts his journey in less than 36 hours. I'm looking forward to following along here, and I wish him and his fellow hikers the best of luck on their six month journey to Katahdin!

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.