1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Newbie to the Board….

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by CindyS, Dec 1, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CindyS

CindyS Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi everyone.

I love all things Vegas. I am a CET Slot player mostly, just hit my 7 stars this weekend. It took all year, but I did it. Nice that CET have the 5K Tier Bonus, otherwise I would never have made it.

I have seen posts from PHV Host and that is pretty cool that he takes the time to post here. I'm sure he has gathered some great clients by doing so.

So, it was my birthday, I booked the trip on the TR Website, didn't use the host. I emailed him that I was in town and asked him to clear up a little issue for me at check in. They didn't have my 2 Beds Pet Room that I booked (I know nothing is guaranteed), but I could have booked a Forum Suite comped but instead chose a 2 Bed Pet Room in Augustus Tower. When I got there with my 2 kids and pet, the desk told me that they could bring up rollaways (at no charge, LOL) and I told them I wasn't happy. He offered me an upgrade to the Forum Suite (which again I could have booked on my own comp) and charged me a $150 upgrade fee even though I explained I was eligible on the TR Website for the Forum Suite Comp as of the day before we travelled. I did not like the Forum Suite or the Tower as it was too far to take the Pet out in the mornings, so I moved to the Augustus tower the next day.

It took my host two days to email me back (it was not his days off) and he just politely said not to worry, they would take off the back end, no problem, so okay. I emailed back that it would be nice to meet him since I was in town for 4 days and that I had a couple more questions and wanted to talk about booking my Diamond Aspiration Level 2 Trip to Lake Tahoe and let him know that I hit my 7 Star Tier Points.

So that was 4 days ago, I never heard back from him the entire time I was there, after the first response. No help with my Diamond Trip, no Happy Birthday call, no 7 Stars Welcome or congratulations. Also, no 7 Stars acceptance invite for the 3 days after I hit the level.

I put more than $55K through Slots (mostly $5 machines in high limit area) in the 4 night stay. I hit the 5K tier bonus for 3 days, then 1K bonus and only 125 bonus on check out day as I was leaving. I don't know what kind of attention that would get. Do you think the host does not like that I book through the TR website? Does he get less credit for my play that way? I try not to bother him. I just thought that hitting 7 Stars would warrant an email response or a call from him. I am also wondering if he is a "True Host" or if his position lower like inside sales. His picture and name are listed on my TR App as my host for all Vegas CET properties. He works out of Planet Hollywood, but I mostly stay and play at Caesars in Vegas. Anyone know anything about that?

I would not consider myself a Comp Whore although I do enjoy the benefits, but I am pretty sure that I don't use all they would give me. For instance, I would rarely use a suite even though they are offered to me via the host as I don't really need that unless a special occasion, like my sons birthday or a wedding party or something.

I know everything given is based on ADT, and since I am a slot player with known coin in, it should be pretty easy to get a feel for ADT, but does anyone know an average formula to determine my ADT value?

Anyway, it was a great trip, hit some good jackpots and had a wonderful Long Birthday weekend, (and they did comp everything and even gave me a nice ride to the airport)

I appreciate any comments or answers as I am kind of new to the whole Rewards/Comp thing….

Cindy S.

2. Hobofrank

Hobofrank Prime Minister of Idiocracy

Trips to Las Vegas:
    welcome...the number of crappy hosts to working hosts is large
    I don't mind if they take a week to get back to me when I'm out of town
    but if it's urgent?
    I expect service, or I won't be returning with my business

3. CindyS

CindyS Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    HoboFrank,

I see you are from Porter Ranch, I grew up there.

Cindy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.