1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Newbie error? Sucked in?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by ChaiLatte, Jun 5, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Exact same thing happened to me!! Lesson Learned

2. WrongWayWade

WrongWayWade VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    words out of my mouth

This was almost exactly the post I was thinking of submitting!! :thumbsup: Well done. +1 :nworthy:

3. qoolness

qoolness Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had been to Vegas a dozen times before the first time I took my then-girlfriend, now wife for the first time. Some schmuck starts with his deal about "Where are you staying? Are you married? Is this the first time you've been to Vegas? Well, I have a great opportunity ..."
    I am looking at the floor walking on trying to ignore him, knowing full well what is going on, but she stops and yanks me back.
    "C'mon honey, don't be rude. This nice gentleman is trying to offer us something."
    Thankfully the addresses on our DLs didn't match and he couldn't offer us his chance for free show tix, otherwise my wife would have been pulled in hook, line and sinker.

My only advice is RUN!

4. skybank

skybank High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Glad you got your money back! I got so tired of them asking us questions as we walked by last month, that I just stopped responding completely.

5. freddywill

freddywill Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We went to the Rio for the first tine this past March and walked past this booth and this guy started with "hey are you guys married? where are you staying at? I told him we werent married and we were leaving later tonight, but that didnt stop him from his sales pitch. We just said thank you and walked away with him still talking, My gf was so pissed she was gonna complain to the management.

6. Quixote

Quixote Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A (platonic) friend and I were in Vegas two years ago and we were joking about how I should introduce her as my "secretary" (pronounced in such a way as to make the air quotes audible). Sure enough, five minutes later we encounter a woman hawking timeshares in PHO.

"Would you and your wife like to get some free show tickets?"
    "She's not my wife, she's my... secretary", I say as I walk past her without slowing down.

I didn't witness the next bit, but my friend related it to me later.

"Well god bless you sir", said with a tone of god-better-because-I-think-you're-going-to-hell.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.