1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Newbie and Confused 2 devices & Facebook

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by Ralphie, Aug 4, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ralphie

Ralphie Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi All,
    Have been playing Myvegas on my phone for a while now but confused MUST I have a Facebook account to collect rewards ? Also just go a new tablet and started playing MyVegas on it too (not too many points on it) . Is there a way of moving the account from the phone to the tablet and not lose the points I have on the phone ?
    THANKS for the help !

2. BigGTMike

BigGTMike Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Essentially everything is linked thru Facebook. You will want a Facebook account. That will allow you to do what you are wanting to do with your phone and tablet.

3. Ralphie

Ralphie Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ok so all I need to do is open a Facebook account and my points will go to my Tablet ? Is that correct ?? Do I need to remove the account from my tablet first before doing this ??
    THANKS

4. adambr2

adambr2 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    First open a Facebook account. Then from the main screen on your tablet you can link your Facebook account by logging in with it. This should tie your tablet Myvegas account (chips, gold Loyalty points, and whatever level you are on, etc) to your Facebook account. Or you may have to start from scratch as a beginning player with your new Facebook account. It's been awhile since I started with mobile and I can't remember exactly how that works.

If you have a computer, you can also play the Myvegas app on Facebook there if you want to earn comps faster. Everything is separate from the mobile game (other than your loyalty points, which are linked on both the computer and mobile), so you're not using your chips from your tablet account.

5. Ralphie

Ralphie Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry I'm still confused. If I open a Facebook account on my tablet (which already has myvegas LP's on it) will the LP's from my phone combine or carry over to the tablet (which has much more LP's that I don't want to lose) ? At the present I have no Facebook account at all. (I guess one of the few in the world that doesn't.)
    THANKS

6. crimsona

crimsona Tourist

When I got a new phone, anything I earned on the new phone was lost (only a few hundred LP) when I hooked up my facebook account - it just synced the status from my old phone.

If you want to be safe, attach the device with more points to Facebook first, but be prepared to lose the points on the device with fewer LP

7. raraavis

raraavis VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Facebook has different stats than mobile app?

i am confused because i linked my facebook account with myvegas as soon as i got it. i went on facebook's app today for the first time, and none of my stuff is linked. LPs, levels, coins, are all as if i was starting from scratch. shouldn't all of my stats i've accumulated on the mobile version be linked onto facebook? what am i missing here?

8. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It sounds like your not linked to facebook. Does the mobile version show your facebook profile pic in the lower left hand corner? If not, there should be a button or add asking you to link the 2.

If you are linked, then you may need to contact MyVegas support or uninstall the app and re-install it. But I wouldn't advise the laltter except in an extreme case... just in case it blows those points out of the water and you have to start from scratch.

9. M_ILIS

M_ILIS High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're synched with your Facebook on both, your loyalty point total should show up on the Facebook desktop version. But otherwise – coins, levels, etc. – they are two different games. It seems as if you're "starting from scratch" because you are.

10. raraavis

raraavis VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    yeah, from day one when i linked myvegas with facebook, it has shown my current profile pic. and when i go to the facebook thing in my settings in the mobile app, it says "Logout". so myvegas mobile knows i am linked to facebook.

my LPs are at 0 on facebook, and they are at like 600 on the mobile app. so i am not starting from scratch (though some may consider only 600 LPs starting from scratch).

i wanted to make sure that these two platforms were actually supposed to reflect each other (at least in LPs). i guess i'll be contacting their support. thanks for your responses!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.