1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

New Years over 40

Discussion in 'Vegas Nightlife' started by Austinaggie, Dec 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Austinaggie

Austinaggie Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Looking for suggestions for New Years Eve for an over 40 crowd. Welcome suggestions

2. Canadianeh

Canadianeh Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're in the over 50 range, and had a blast last New Years in Vegas. Had a late dinner at Sugar Factory (now Hexx) sitting on the deck watching the crowd grow on the strip, then paid our bill and went out to join the throng about 11:30pm and watched the amazing fireworks off all the major hotel roofs. We passed on any of the many shows happening on New Years Eve, because we didn't want to be sitting in a theatre at midnight when the fun starts on the strip. It was great to experience, and we're planning on it again next year.

Be prepared though, the entire strip is blocked off along the sidewalks with fencing, so you can only get in and out of narrow entrances at each hotel. And after the fireworks, you can only get back into your own hotel, by showing your room key. Lots of security and police, which is reassuring.

3. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Other than the clubs, which are obviously youth-oriented, there's a wide variety of ages out and about on The Strip and Downtown on Fremont Street. Most people go outside to see the fireworks - no matter how old they are. As result, you won't feel conspicuous.

Bill

4. Junkyard Hog

Junkyard Hog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We're staying at the Wynn and doing a gala at one of the restaurants that include a prix fixe menu and DJ.

5. STPFan

STPFan Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last year we went to Margaritaville. It was $250 per person and included drinks, hors d'oeuvres and a view of Caesar's fireworks. It was nice to avoid the huge crowds below, but I don't think it was worth the money.

Wish I could find something fun this year without the huge fee. I am short so being crammed in with a lot of people doesn't appeal to me.

Would love to hear others experiences at restaurants for recommendations. We are an early 50's couple.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.