1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

New year's fares outrageous!

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by queentata, Jul 21, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. queentata

queentata High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Trying to book today. Thought it was 25,000 or so for a free ticket, but find it's 50,000, so need to pay for one.:( $500 plus for one ticket to Vegas from Houston!!! I remember when we used to get two tickets for that price not too long ago.boo hiss...nervous to wait. Don't think it will go down.

What do y'all think?

2. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Its just supply and demand... if you were watching NYE celebrations on TV last year and they show cameras in Las Vegas and say there is a quarter of a million people on The Strip celebrating the new year and another 50-75,000 Downtown on Fremont Street - those people have to get there somehow.

In all likelihood airfare will only go up higher and higher. As I was describing in another thread for when we went to the 2009/2010 NYE in Las Vegas:

3. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    it is 25k for a free ticket, but there are only so many of those available. there are none available on busy holidays like NYE. $500 on NYE isn't bad at all. it can easily run to $600-800 as time goes on.

4. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas certified personal trainer/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Whew! I'm glad we bought our tickets for NYE last week! We bought them for $400/person on United out of IAH.

5. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've been watching fares for a trip for a few weeks and United has had a tendency to lower rates one afternoon during the week, then raise them a few hours later. I would suggest to check fares several times a day as I doubt they were doing it just on the route that I was looking at. It may not drop much, but a hundred here or there adds up quick.

6. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas certified personal trainer/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Shock - that's good advice for the OP. Our tix were purchased at 6:00pm Tuesday.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.