1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

New Years Eve in Vegas

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by jokerswild, Jul 18, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jokerswild

jokerswild Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    can anyone give me how far in advance one should start to try to book New Years Eve in Vegas ? I mean ,months,years .etc:cheers:

2. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas certified personal trainer/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We just booked our hotel and air reservations a few days ago.

One could probably have waited a bit longer, but if the situation in Iran escalates it could drive up the cost of oil which would drive up airfare even more than it is.

3. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The closer you get to New Years Eve generally the higher the prices go.

I would be thinking:

If you generally pay for rooms, IE: you don't get them fully comped, then if you can find a good rate now you should book it - its not likely to get any better.

If there is a particular place you would like to stay and they usually send you comp nights and good offers then :

1) Check if you have emails from them from last year? Did they send you an offer for NYE? If they did then its a pretty good chance they will again this year (since last year NYE was a weekend and this year it is not).
    --> in this case I would phone them to ask what it would be for NYE this year. If they don't have free nights (and you normally get free nights) then I would book somewhere else, maybe even at another chain, and wait until November to see if the preferred place sends you comped nights or a good NYE offer.

2) Phone the place you would like to stay and ask them what it would be for your NYE dates. Even if you are booked there they might still send you offers in the future that cover NYE.

3) Book somewhere else and then wait and see if the preferred place sends you any offers for NYE. If they don't then try phoning them at the end of November (but after Thanksgiving) or the first week of December (either before or after the rodeo).

Overall these three answers are pretty close to the same, but the general theme is: if you can find a good rate anywhere that you have the option to cancel, then you should book something now.

That said, for us the hotel was the least of our concerns: other than when we took a private jet to Las Vegas the airfare we booked for NYE 2009/2010 was the most we paid for a flight there...

I remember I looked in August that year and it was a little higher than usual, so I wanted to wait to see if it went down. Then checking in mid September it had gone up by about 50% but I was in a tight cash situation and couldn't book right then. By the time we did book, first week of October, most of the flights were sold out and we wound up having to pay more than double what it would have been if I booked in August.

One other thing with hotel and airfare: if you are thinking about arriving on December 31st itself, even if its an early in the day arrival, you should check with the hotel first if they will allow December 31st check ins. Last year NYE was a Saturday and a lot of hotels weren't allowing checkins on that day unless you were at least something within their player club.

4. mdee

mdee VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    NYE

I started looking back in February and some of the resorts I was really interested in were already booked for NYE!
    You really should lock in your room reservations now. That way if an offer doesn't come along you'll have a back up plan.

5. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    most standard offers are blacked out for NYE. so you have to get a special NYE invite to use an offer then anyway.

6. sandc4e

sandc4e Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We booked our 2013 NYE ressies on 1/3/2012, got a great rate, but just booked airfare and it was a bit pricey.

Good luck!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.