1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Video Poker New word of the day: "Razgu"

Discussion in 'Video Poker' started by dmr, Dec 29, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Last week at Sams Town I was just futzing around on VP waiting for the band to come back on and I got a totally worthless hand. I uttered a very salty and unladylike expletive and the guy playing next to me said "Oh, you got a Razgu."

I asked what that was and he said a totally useless hand, and it was one of those terms some poker players use, kinda like some call the full house a "boat" and such.

I said I always called it a "stiff", and he said that a Razgu is a hand that's not even worth enough to call it a stiff!

I then asked what it means and he said something like "Rag Ass something-something ..." which I didn't remember. Now I'm more curious since I never heard the term before.

I googled the term (lol, that's how I confirmed the spelling) :) and found several references to it, but nothing about what it really means.

Anyone know the complete meaning of the term?

Anybody even heard it before? :)

2. DaiLun

DaiLun R.C., L.C., and A.A.N.G.

Trips to Las Vegas:
  3. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. dmr

dmr Registered Abuser

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks. Hmmmm ... I swear I searched for that here before I posted it! Maybe I was on drugs or something. :)

Well, 2-4-6-8-10 is not bad at all when they're all the same suit. :) :) :)

The ones I always seem to get are two garbage cards and three of one suit that are ONE too many in span to make a SF! (LOL, is that hand a true Razgu or just a stiff?) :) :) :)

That other article above is one of those I got when I googled it. I still can't seem to find what exactly the term means. I remember the first two letters but not the other three. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.