1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

New trend in high end Burger places

Discussion in 'Restaurants & Buffets' started by pokerbucketlist, Mar 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. pokerbucketlist

pokerbucketlist Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi,

I love the idea of the higher end unique burger places. I have been to Holsteins and absolutely loved it, had the "Obama Burger" right around election time.

I would like to try a different one.

Which one is the coolest/most innovative and memorable?

Thanks

2. Fraggle

Fraggle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    KGB in the Harrah's has some of the most "innovative" I would say, but it is a toss up between them all for most people. Depending on my mood I could go for a dirty breakfast burger at binions or a fancy burger at the burger bar at mandalay. The burger brassiere at the Paris hotel is also pretty good.

3. Julie888

Julie888 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Gordon Ramsay's BurGR at PHo was packed late every night.

There was one night at 5:10 that it had no one so I expect is was reserved for some event. Later it was packed again.

4. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since you're staying in Mirage, the obvious recommendation is BLT

5. pokerbucketlist

pokerbucketlist Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow Nunavut, Fraggle? How much does that flight cost? I was a bit down about $800 rt from T.O.

6. Fraggle

Fraggle Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Haha. Aeroplan my friend, aeroplan. 15k points to ottawa roundtrip from Iqaluit. If you ever wanna see the northern lights go grab an american express card that gives you 50k points and you can get your flight free (value $2k). If your really hungover and near binions downtown I would def recommend the dirty breakfast burger though.. its so amazing (when you're wasted).

7. dankyone

dankyone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I loved the toppings @ Holsteins but I am pretty sure they use frozen patties. Disappointing. The burger oriented places in general don't have the best meat. Carnevino for the best burger in town and Mesa Grill a close second.

8. bubbamsu

bubbamsu Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like Bacchi Burger the best in Vegas.

While it is not on the "Strip" technically, it is only a quick cab/drive away. It is located about 2 miles south of the airport and east of the LVBoulv. For me and the others that have eaten there it is well worth it.

The menu might be a little eccentric for some, but everything is homemade, fresh, and delicious.

9. thenuke1

thenuke1 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    not sure if its High End but i tried The Habit the other day .... nothing special ...

10. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  11. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I did BURGR this week, it was pretty good, great service and perfect fries! I think I liked the burgers at Holstiens better though. The Rising Sun is delicious.

12. KBT2012

KBT2012 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The best burger I've had in my life was at Grand Lux in Venetian.

Bacon cheeseburger with roasted green chile and chipotle mayonnaise.

13. btodd

btodd High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Went to BURGR this past week. Burgers were great, onion rings were the BEST I have ever had. They had cooked the onion prior to the breading process. I am not a huge fan of the "fancy" burger places. Our travelling companions are, even though they are vegetarians. They loved their Caesar salads. The presentation was spectacular, I do have to admit. Ordering your drinks on an IPad was an interesting feature. Our techie friend loved the idea, I was not overly impressed.
    Good, though expensive, experience overall.

14. billduhcat

billduhcat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Try burger bar in Mandalay place, it's been around longer than most of the burger places. Burger brasserie in Paris is also good.

Big Game 2017 == Vegas XXVI
  15. bswim

bswim High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Still makes me laugh that a "high end" burger place is called "Holsteins"

The only Holstein's that are used in burgers are the old culled dairy cows and Burger King and McDonald's buy all them up.

16. evoiris

evoiris Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw reviews on Yelp for BurgR. We can't wait to try!

17. Bubbavegas

Bubbavegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I had a great laugh as well the first time I saw that and DW did not understand why till I explained that Holsteins are a dairy breed and like you said usually the meat is cutter, canner quality meat. I mean come on a place like Cosmo why not name the place Limousine, Angus is obvious but if they wanted and H the Hereford would be great, but Holsteins :kill:

Cosmo Christmas
  18. vegas4pools

vegas4pools Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I for one, LOVE the high end, gourmet burger joints!! It's a tradition to, as soon as we arrive to check in, throw the bags in the room, and hit one of these places. We don't mind the cost of the food, but unfortunately we had to walk out of Burger Bar, and while we loved Holsteins, probably wouldn't return due to the pretentious service and staff. BLT, Ramsay BurGR are exceptional. I'd like to try the Burger Brasserie inside Paris/Ballys. Reviews on Yelp look good, might be worth a trip. BurGR definitely worth a return trip, or two.. Probably go twice in June!

Anyone notice the staff at Holsteins appear to be a little... Hmm.. Stuck up? Would like to return, but maybe we just had a bad visit.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.