1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

New to Uber

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by Raider, Sep 29, 2016.

1. Raider

Raider Tourist

Hi I have 2 questions.
    (1)If flying in to airport do you request ride in advance or when ready at airport?
    (2) There will be 2 couples, do I request Uber XL?

Thanks in advance.

2. RealSolGlow

RealSolGlow Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You request once you arrive and head to the Uber drop off/pick up location. As soon as you request a ride you can expect an accepted driver within seconds with the type of vehicle and the drivers name plus license plate. They also will most likely call you or text you immediately to let you know where they are, etc.

Uber XL might be best depending on your luggage. If you are traveling with just a few bags they should fit in the trunk of a regular Uber vehicle as they all have to have 4 doors and a trunk. One can ride passenger with the other 3 in the back but it will probably be a bit crammed. XL probably the same but you'll get a little more backseat room. Depending on how far the ride is from the airport to where you're saying you may be able to get by with the standard Uber request.

3. grosx2

grosx2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not sure what you mean by "XL probably the same"? Uber XL vehicles are either SUVs or minivans and are required to seat at least 6 passengers...

4. h0und10

h0und10 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    are you sure they have to seat 6?
    last time I ordered the cheap Uber (not uber xl) and a rav 4 showed up.. with just 5 seats including the drier.. he said he is licensed to do uber xl but you do not get many fares that way so he does the basic uber most of the time

to the OP xl is slightly more money.. the difference will only be a few bucks if your on the strip though so I would go for it especially if you have a decent amount of luggage

5. grosx2

grosx2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    http://www.idrivewithuber.com/uber-car-requirements/

6. h0und10

h0und10 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I guess the guy was messing with me then.. unless he had seats folded down in the back that I missed

7. Raider

Raider Tourist

Thanks for all the info. It will be 4 of us with carry on luggage so I think regular Uber will work.