1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

New to the board and vegas

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by BNF861, May 17, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BNF861

BNF861 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, I have been lurking the board for a while now, I guess it is time to introduce myself.

My wife and I are early thirties with a couple of kids. After talking about going to Vegas for years, and continually putting it off due to being busy with work, family stuff, other hobbies, the two of us are finally going July 19-24!

There is a convention she wanted to attend that is being held in Vegas this year, so why not add on a couple extra days and finally go. I realize in July it is going to be hot as can be but thats when we'll happen to be there so i guess I'll have to make sure to drink plenty of refreshments :beer: The event she is attending is at the MGM, so we are flying out of Bellingham and will be staying across the street at the New York New York.

For many years I have always been a fan of message boards to research interests and hobbies. Not that I am surprised, but this is quite the place! I have already learned a lot that will help make it a great time. I have a couple friends that have been to Vegas quite a few times and between their stories and tips/tricks to a good time paired with what I have researched and read on this board, I am having a hard time waiting. Should be a good trip :headbang:

2. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the best Vegas website on the entire Internet!

You guys will have a blast! Vegas is truly unlike anyplace you've ever been. I went for the first time in 2010 and ended up going five times in five months and now 11 times total and still haven't seen or done everything it has to offer.

It'll be hot, yeah - especially if you're not used to the heat. I find it to be more like when you open the oven to take something out you get that hot dry blast of heat in the face - that is what its like when you walk outside during the summer in Vegas. Drink a ton of water, bring lotion and chapstick and don't be surprised if you get a nosebleed or two from the dry air.

And most of all...have fun and good luck! I will be there from the 20-25th of July

3. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to the board! Yes, it will be VERY hot then but the pool could cool you down & can enjoy some of the great pool drinks too! Have a great time!!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.