1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

new to comps

Discussion in 'Comps' started by lucky13, Feb 6, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. lucky13

lucky13 Low-Roller

Jan 29, 2012
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    called the quad to see what room rates are and they said they would comp my first 3 nites .....
    i never expected this at all , anyway it seems that r/t airfare and comped rooms only saves me bout 30.00 over a vacation package thru swa
    so i decided to save the room comps for the future
    was curious if when i got to las vegas if i wanted to spend a night or 2 at a different hotel than the quad , would they comp to another of their properties?
    no biggie just a thought since i will be with a friend who has only been to vegas once and might like a different hotel
    also is it worth a shot to do some room service while i am there and see if they will comp that when i check out ?
    any points i have earned have been at tunica , and i am a low roller , do you earn more points quicker in las vegas ? or not ...
  2. dfalk

dfalk VIP Whale

Mar 7, 2011
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're getting comps at The Quad I would would log onto the total rewards website and look at the calendar. More than likely you'll also be comped at other CET properties.

If you order room service they won't comp the bill at checkout but you can use any TR points that you acquired throughout the trip to help pay for it.
  3. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Jan 8, 2009
    Burnaby, BC
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, I would log in to the Total Rewards site and check what you get there using their rate calendar after you've entered your TR#. And if your friend also has a Total Rewards card be sure to enter their number as a companion when looking up rates - even if they have no play in recent years, they are likely to still have some value towards comps.

But the thing I wanted to comment on was when you said "so i decided to save the room comps for the future"

Just to be clear: it doesn't work that way, you can't "save" them. They are making this offer to you now based on what time of year you are going, what days you are staying, how long you are staying, and your gambling habits in previous trips.

So if you go and gamble a lot less this trip and then call them back up in a few months to inquire about a stay this summer they might have nothing for you at all.

And just to throw the idea out there: if you are going with a friend and were going to share a room, if you can get a cheap room with SWA and a free room with the hotel you might book the free room as well and let your friend stay in one of them and you take the other.
  4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

May 4, 2009
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    As said, log in and see what the rate calendar shows you rates (low or free). Do not think you have to use offer codes. The rate calendar is usually better.

You earn slot/vp points at exactly the same rate in Vegas as Tunica. Bonus points for RCs may be different.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.