1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

New Star Trek

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Tina Chi Chi, Sep 5, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tina Chi Chi

Tina Chi Chi Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I read awhile back that they were reopening the Star Trek adventure down somewhere around Fremont Street. Anyone hear any more about it?

2. UTE

UTE Plastics

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That was a proposal seriously considered a few years ago. However, it did not get the green light.

Bill

3. Tina Chi Chi

Tina Chi Chi Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Too bad

That's a shame, we Trekies enjoyed the Star Trek at the Hilton.

4. Uncle Steve

Uncle Steve Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe you had read the same article I had. There was a plan to build a full size mock up of the Enterprise. For some reason it had fallen through.

5. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There were two different plans. One was a full size recreation of the Enterprise ship downtown. The other was relocating the Hilton attraction to Neonopolis, which almost became a reality. Rohit Joshi supposedly purchased the components of it, but I later heard things had been sold at auction.

6. Jersey_Bill

Jersey_Bill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, there were some recently-released drawings of what the downtown "Enterprise Exhibit" was supposed to look like (a full sized mock up of the Enterprise on the ground - sort of like what you saw in the recent new Trek movie) - but the planning for that exhibit was some time ago, I believe long before the "Star Trek Experience" site at the Hilton ever opened. I understand that there was financing and an intent to build it - but that one executive at Paramount balked on permitting the Star Trek rights to be used. His fear was that if it wasn't done well it could damage the franchise.

There was discussion for a long time after the closing of the Experience about it relocating to Neonopolis - and I do not recall ever hearing why that didn't happen. Could have been Paramount again but not sure. I do recall that all of the exhibits, furnishings and fixtures were auctioned off in two separate events if I remember right. It was sad to see them all disappear into Fandom - and it makes the prospect of a replacement for the Experience a much longer shot these days.

If I can find a link to those Enterprise mock up drawings I will post it. That would have been the most incredible thing in Vegas if it were ever built....

JZB

7. Jersey_Bill

Jersey_Bill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  8. Jersey_Bill

Jersey_Bill High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  9. Tina Chi Chi

Tina Chi Chi Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    One can always hope

I agree, it would be such a draw. There are alot of us out here. I know it was the main reason I first started going to Vegas. It was a thrill for a long time fan to go on those rides. Thanks for all the info. I really wish someone with far site would pickup on those ideas.

10. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It would seem that a new Star Trek attraction of some kind is a no-brainer. The franchise has become almost synonymous with Vegas now. The last two years of conventions at the Rio have been huge. Another missed opportunity, perhaps, as the idea of theming gives way to office-like structures and interiors that are interchangeable.

11. Tina Chi Chi

Tina Chi Chi Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Repeat

One can only hope. I'd love to see it happen. "Live long and prosper"

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.