1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Slots New slot games

Discussion in 'Slots' started by Robertintx, Oct 4, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Robertintx

Robertintx Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've heard there is a Wizard of Oz slot game that's really good. Any tips or suggestions on playing it ? Is it .25, or what ?
    Any other new games that are good and interesting ?
    I guess Wheel of Fortune is still around and one of my favorites..
    Any tips, suggestions or advice would be appreciated...
    Thanks,
    Robert

2. Carole

Carole Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think I have seen any games with the Wizard of Oz theme that is .25. Most are penny slots that have a minimum bet of .40 and go up from there. I have played the one called Ruby Slippers and done well on it a few times but it maxes at 4.80 a spin. I think one of the newest trends is stacked wild machines also penny slots that go up to 4.00 or 5.00 a spin at max bet. I agree that wheel of fortune is an old stand by, and when you consider you can play for .75 a spin it makes it even sound better!

I know there are alot of new games out there and they are making most with really fun bonus rounds so give them a try!

3. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a trip report from late Aug with a review on a number of slots.

Here are some from off the top of my head.

Spiderman was terrible.
    NASCAR was pretty good.
    Community Deal or no Deal isn't bad and there is a timer to tell you when is the next bonus.
    Willy Wonka seemed to have frequent bonuses
    There is a newer version of Wheel of Fortune game.
    Family Guy
    Zombies

4. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I like the concept of Family Guy, particularly with its many bonus games, but after multiple small attempts at the game in four different cities and it eating my money, it has soured on me. I swore it off after I lost (again) at Flamingo last month. The game literally has returned maybe 20% of my bets at best, it might be closer to 10%. I did get one bonus game overall, but I may have won $2 on it at most...lol My sample is still somewhat small, but losing ~$40 in such short order (min betting 50c/spin) on a single penny slot is a lot for me.

But if IGT ever would dare release this game on a future CD-ROM (highly doubtful with royalties), I'd snap buy it.

As for the OP, the original "Wizard of Oz" usually ate my money too, $5 at a time, except for one time at Hollywood Tunica. Glenda the good witch kept popping up and giving me wild columns. And before I knew it, I was up $70 by betting only 30c a spin. My biggest slot win ever in Tunica (I usually play video poker).

5. cjohnson202

cjohnson202 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I found that the Deal or no Deal was a money sucker because of that timer. Even if you were out of money, you had to put more in because the Bonus was till 4 minutes away...and then you'd win barely anything on the bonus. I didn't like it.

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have you REALLY been to Vegas 150 times?

As to Oz games, I am thinking there are at least 3 versions of them. Very few of the themed games are $.25 these days. WOF is one of them though.

7. Famgel

Famgel Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hit for over $300 on Wizard of Oz on a minimum bet last year. Also love Nascar was very lucky recently on machine for hours, also minimum bet but I kept changing drivers dont know if that had anything to do with it. We go to Mohegan Sun, CT but coming to LV in couple of weeks!!! Cant wait to see what machines they have!!!

8. flysrb

flysrb Hey Now!

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hey Now!!!!

had great luck with Family Guy at Gold Coast and in AC too. Gotta play max bet though...High variance...

HEY NOW! NYE in AC!!!!!!!
    Hey Now! 6 days in Biloxi....plus early Mardi Gras Parades!!!
  9. LV_Bound

LV_Bound VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We did slow play but also noticed you really do need to play in order to build the multiplier. If you happen to pick a good suitcase it will pay off, but if not it can get very costly to play. Overall it was a fun experience.

10. Robertintx

Robertintx Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll start with Wheel and try those then work my way up to Wizard .. :nworthy:

11. Adam

Adam Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are there any new 3-reel slot games rather than the penny/40 line slots?

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.