1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

New shuttle option at McCarran

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by westie, Sep 29, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. westie

westie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. meyers67

meyers67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Has anyone used it yet? I'm wondering if there is any additional wait time compared to cabbing it.

$8 is a good deal for someone flying solo.

3. user3657

user3657 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I forget who I have used, maybe bell? Anyway its 7.50 and well worth it. Both times it was maybe 15-20mins from paying to my hotel(quad). Usually a taxi would be 18-20$ plus tip. People are open to conversations on the shuttle :drunk:

Shuttles are well worth it in small groups.

4. numeno

numeno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have never taken them in Vegas, but I used them in other cities.

They wait until they have a full van I assume. During normal hours, I wouldn't expect this to be a very long wait. They also bunch up people going to similar hotels. I assume you won't get a person going to Excalibur and someone going to the Plaza.

I'm guessing this will be right in the middle of the current shuttle and a cab. The price is right in between and I would guess the wait and time to get there will be right between the shuttle and a cab as well.

5. tringlomane

tringlomane STP Addicted Beer Snob

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If you're by yourself and are roughly at Quad or south, then you can argue taking the shuttle. If you have one other person with you, just take the cab. I have rode the shuttle 5 times now (other companies), sometimes it didn't take long. Once it took maybe an hour to get to Flamingo I think (or Bally's, I forget) because it took over 30 min to fill the shuttle and we were one of the last stops. I dunno if I ever made it to Bally's in sub 30 minutes though.

Also, unless the competition has upped their rates, Super Shuttle may be the most expensive of the shuttle choices; however, their name recognition may help them fill up faster, who knows.

6. bubbakitty

bubbakitty native Texan; born and bred.

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am trying it on Thursday morning and it was easy to sign up on line...flight number, arrival time, etc. and directions what to do once you had luggage in hand. Was interesting they had a "box" for tips to be applied ahead of time or decline to do so.....wonder if it goes to the driver or should have held it back to give him/her directly.

Anxious to see how the employees of this carrier compare with the other shuttle services.

1st Super Bowl DT...Panthers / Browns no doubt
    Spur of momento trip
  7. Jimbo338

Jimbo338 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have taken shuttles to or from the hotels or both until my last 3 or 4 trips when the WAX was added to the bus system. I have ridden on a full shuttle but have never had to wait for a full shuttle. One shuttle does not serve strip, off strip and downtown, not in my experience at least. After hearing all the complaints, I started timing from when I checked my bag with the drviver until the shuttle pulled out and in almost all instinces it was 8-10 minutes. In all the trips back I called the night before for a pickup. If the shuttle was 10 or more minutes late, I simply called the service and in a few seconds found out where the shuttle was and when it would pick me up.

I'm not saying things cannot happen but I have arrived on weekdays and weekends early mornings, afternoons and evenings. Most times I was solo; with several in a party a cab or even a limo may be cheaper. I can only say that I found no problems with shuttles but if you want to leave your hotel 90 minutes before departure time, shuttles may not be for you.

Jimbo338

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.