1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

New ride

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by dewey089, Oct 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dewey089

dewey089 Guru of Value

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. Max2589

Max2589 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have been on one of these in Amsterdam last year. It was called the "Pedal Saloon" I believe. The owner told me there will only a few in existence. There was a group of British guys already on board. As they cruised by, I jumped on with a buddy. We paid 20 bucks to join the party. Its basically a giant table on wheels with pedals at every seat. Furthemore, it has built in Kegs. It was a lot of fun and we went all over the city drinking. I actually saw another one a few months ago but can't remember where.
    Maybe Austin, Tx?

I wonder where they will let this thing go. Its too big for sidewalks and I doubt they will let it go down Las Vegas Blvd.

For the record, the driver who controls the steering is supplied by the company and is sober so no issues there. Smart idea bringing this thing to vegas.
    It will make good money for someone if done right.

3. Max2589

Max2589 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just noticed the article you posted says "no alcohol on board"
    Its just a large bicycle to go from bar to bar.

Obviously, compared to the pedal saloon I described in Amsterdam, this thing is kind of lame. The pedal saloon had a tap at every third seat!!

4. xmarksx

xmarksx VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Dewey, they say it is running on November 1st but we saw the stupid thing downtown on Sunday. Everyone on it was pedaling very fast and we wondered how they could get drunken tourists to make it go for anything more than a few minutes.

5. matguy

matguy High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There's one that rolls around North Seattle by the Ballard Locks.

6. waverunner

waverunner BBHMM

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Vegas used to have Pedicabs. Didn't work because of all the complaints from drivers and pedestrians along the Strip, however, Pedicabs might work Downtown.

7. Max2589

Max2589 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I wish there were TukTuks like in Bangkok. Best thing ever.

8. ClownHo

ClownHo High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You can find these in downtown Minneapolis, and passengers are allowed to consume alcohol while riding it here, under certain conditions, evidently.

Our version of this contraption is available in Chicago and St. Petersburg, too, evidently. http://www.pedalpub.com/twincities/index.html

9. Sonya

Sonya Queen of VMB

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have seen these along the Ale Trail in Bend, OR a few times. They always look to me like an accident waiting to happen.

10. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i have seen these before and i thought the whole point was to be able to drink with all your friends on it. in fact when i saw it they didn't even stop anywhere, you just rode around a while to see the views and drink. so the fact that they don't allow alcohol on board on this one makes it totally lame.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.