1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

New rewards question

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by npom, Apr 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. npom

npom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A lot of the rewards have been changed from 2 people to 1 ( show tickets, buffets) The bellagio buffet for instance used to be for 2 people but now is a single. If you got the bellagio buffet for 2 on a previous trip, would the buffet for 1 be considered the same reward or a totally different one?

2. Tammy58

Tammy58 Frugal Slot Jockey

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not positive but originally the Mirage tower suite was available in both 1 and 2 nights...you could buy both and combine at that time. Haven't seen anyone combine the buffet yet since it is a recent change.

3. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The 1 person buffet pass would be considered a different reward than the 2 person one.

4. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Good luck with this because my original reward at Jean Philippe Patisserie was worth any signature pastry good up to $15. Six weeks later I went to Aria's Mlife desk to cash it in. I was given a credit for $10. I asked the clerk what was up and he said the new value was $10. :grrr:

Oh, well, free is still free. I never got my pastry, the line was always 45 minutes long or more while I was there. I brought my reward card home with me as a souvenir though.

5. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think this would affect the people who already have the Bellagio buffet for two (of which I am one) because it clearly says, in writing, that the reward is for two people, not one like the new version of the reward.

The pastry value is a generic credit at Jean Phillipe so they knew they could get away with changing the value of the credit, but there is no way they can pull a bait and switch by trying to give someone who has a redemption code for two buffets only one.

The PR nightmare and backlash that would explode across Facebook and the Internet would not be worth it.

6. Smo

Smo Mr. Las Vegas

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Now that you explain it that way, it does make more sense.
    THX

7. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're welcome! I have the Jean Phillipe credit in my purchased rewards but i am sure by the time i use it I will be entitled to a big old cup of ice water lol

FYI for anyone who is interested - i redeemed the two KA Premium tickets and the seats are amazing. I got section 102, Row E. When I looked up comparable tickets they were almost $418 including service fees. Even though the loyalty points have gone up, for a completely free game it is an amazing deal. Also, curiously, when I redeemed the points in MyVegas for KA it said that a limit of FOUR rewards in a rolling 30 day period could be redeemed. When I got the confirmation email it said three.

Hmmmmm - is this just a glitch, or could the number of allowed rewards have changed along with the increase in loyalty points per reward?

8. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've seen them used the phrase "We need to update the email template" before. If the game shows eligible for 4 rewards, they are bound by that.

9. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well if you click on KA premium tickets, after you click "next" (and before you confirm and spend the points) that is where it said four rewards - and it also said "regardless of type" - that is a curious wording. i wonder if it means you can now redeem more than one of the same type of reward in that 30 day rolling period....

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.