1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

New post 10/1 mLife TC/EC calculations

Discussion in 'Comps' started by bacclover, Oct 10, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bacclover

bacclover Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    from my recent trip and speaking with multiple hosts, I've deduced the following (someone correct me if what I'm stating isn't 100%) :

Tier Credits :

Slots = Coin-in / 3 x (1 + tier bonus)
    VP = Coin-in / 10 x (1 + tier bonus)
    Baccarat = Coin-in / 5 x (1 + tier bonus)

Comps :

Old system
    EC = 13% of theo
    Primary Comps (PC) = 2 x EC = 26% of theo

New system
    EC = 5% of theo (for baccarat, but you can apply it to table games in general) (no tier bonus)
    PC = 35% of theo

So total comps is just about constant, but they're shifting most of the power back to the hosts.

2. Tubbs

Tubbs High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I think slots/VP calculations are on the Mlife website and have been much discussed!

This is the first time I have read about a recalculation of ECs for table games, although it always seemed likely. Can anyone verify?

I have no real problem with a reduction in ECs if it is balanced out by an increase in backend comps from the host. But is 1/8 of overall comps as ECs really worth bothering with? It will be negligible for lower green chip players. Big players already have more ECs than they can spend. This will probably continue with the new calculations. That leaves a group of lower black chip players like me where the host will have to do more work, rather than just taking the value of ECs off the bill.

3. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interesting move lowering the EC percent that much. Just means you have to use your comps on each trip and can't save as much up for later. sucks really.

4. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:

We will see. They might be giving the Primary to host, but then slap them when they try to use them. Just sayin. Maybe, maybe not.

5. buomalley

buomalley Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are my thought regarding Mlife comps correct?

If I earn $500 in express comps does that mean I earned $3500 in primary comps and my theo was $10,000?

6. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Very good question. Would like to know how much hidden (primary) comps I have sitting there on each trip. With that knowledge, based on EC, I would be more apt to see a host to clear off some charges.

7. shifter

shifter Degenerate Gambler

Trips to Las Vegas:
    if the new 5% for EC number is indeed correct. i have yet to have that confirmed for sure though and have heard mixed things from my sources. i will know for sure at the end of the month when i make my first post-Oct 1 trip.

8. Rheuma-Kai

Rheuma-Kai Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Have found that topic, have u been there. Can you confirm the info or just adjust it?

9. Gregsmt

Gregsmt Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    5% EC works perfectly for my jan trip. $6500 theo and a little over $300 EC. Now as far as primary comps, I had 2 bedroom hospitality suite at the mirage for 7 nights. Is that value $240 per night along with use of their car all week? Probably close.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.