1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

new national $5 lottery weekly game.

Discussion in 'Non-Vegas Chat' started by Gomar, Oct 10, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gomar

Gomar Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    "selling tickets for the $5 multi-state lottery game on October 19. The debut drawing will take place on October 24.
    New York is one of 23 lotteries across the country to launch the new MONOPOLY MILLIONAIRES’ CLUB game that offers multiple million dollar prizes in conjunction with a Top Prize that is capped at $25 million. Ten additional states have announced plans to join the multi-state game"

All we need is a game priced even higher than $2 C4L and $2PB($3 w/PP).
    Oh, and it's a weekly $5 game, I hope it's not again shared among winners just like MM, PB, Take5.
    The $1 SM $1m game was good enough for me... but not enough sales killed it in favor of C4L, a $2 1:22m for $9m(25 years) game.

I'll stick with 2nd place prize for $3 PB(pp) for $2m instead of $5 or $1 MM(1:257m).

http://www.lotteryusa.com/monopoly-millionaires-club/

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Monopoly_Millionaires'_Club

Last edited: Oct 10, 2014
  2. donfairplay

donfairplay Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I thought the whole point of a multistate lottery was for the big jackpots. Not sure why they capped it at $25 million.

Also, $5 seems a bit much.

I only play when it gets above $200 million, as if the powerball's starting jackpot of $40 million is beneath me.

3. gpenguins67

gpenguins67 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    From what I read, they capped it at $25 million b/c each time the big jackpot is hit they are going to do drawings and give away several $1 million prizes. And they are also going to have a second chance drawing to play on a game show in Vegas that will give away up to $1 million.

But even still... I agree $5 a ticket does seem steep.

4. merlin

merlin VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree about the PB jackpots, I dont wipe my bum for less than 200mill.

5. Snidely

Snidely VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're not the only one. We only pool our money at work when the jackpot gets big.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.