1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Discussion in 'Introduce Yourself!' started by jtf, Jun 26, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jtf

jtf Low-Roller

Hi,

I appreciate the board and the wealth of information here. I am planning a trip to Vegas July 12 - 17 with my sister and my son. First trip there in about 20 years. Planning the trip has certainly been a learning curve for me.

I find resort fees particularly frustrating. For instance, an email offer lists one fee, when you click through to the offer it lists another fee, and when you click to book the room, another fee appears. The more times you have to click making a reservation, the higher the fee gets.

We are planning on seeing some shows, doing a bit of gambling, and going to a few attractions - so I have purchased tickets to a couple shows we REALLY want to see (that don't look like they will be discounted much beyond the discounts I got pre-booking). We have information on some of the others, but will keep those open. (Some of the things that initially looked interesting are falling into the "if I only have X amount of time do I really want to commit myself to doing that?" category.

We are not on a totally limited budget, but are still working on priorities with paying less for this so we can spend more on that types of things.

First stay in Vegas in forever, so no comped rooms, play, etc.

2. Geogran

Geogran VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to VMB!

If you have specific questions, here you will find good answers!

Have a great trip with your family...

3. sybgal

sybgal VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Welcome to VMB!! As Geogran said....need help....just ask. Hope you have a wonderful trip!

4. jtf

jtf Low-Roller

Thank you Geogran and sybgal!

I think I have put in as many hours researching this trip as I have writing research papers! But I am glad I have taken the time to do so. I am sure there will still be a lot of surprises, but if I just bought plane tickets and booked a hotel and headed on my way, I would have been totally shocked by some of the differences over the years - and wasted a lot of time in Vegas finding things out. (I would rather "waste" my time finding things out before I get there - and spending my time there BEING there!)

5. Beach Crazy

Beach Crazy Hostess With the Mostess

Welcome aboard jtf! Nothing will be the same as 20 years ago with maybe the exception of Circus Circus LOL I don't think you'll get any argument here about the resort fees, everyone complains about them so you are in good company here. Can't imagine what it would be like to head back to Vegas after 20 years but hopefully you will love it as much as you did then. Enjoy your trip and visit us often for tips and with any questions you might have.

6. jtf

jtf Low-Roller

Thanks Beach Crazy! Ironically, Circus Circus is where we stayed years ago. I think they are still using the same pictures of the rooms.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.