1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

New Lyft fan here!

Discussion in 'Getting There & Getting Around' started by KKB, Jun 12, 2016.

1. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    When we landed in LV May 30th, I downloaded the Lyft app. As I was walking I saw an ad on the way promoting the FLYLV promo code--and it gave me 5-$10 credits. YES.
    It is a bit of a cluster getting to the 2nd floor of the parking garage (really 3 flights of stairs) with luggage as the elevators were very crowded. And the pick up spot at Harrahs was a tad inconvenient but not much.
    Fare from airport to Aria; $12; Harrahs to airport ran $10.50 or $15 (2nd was surge pricing). So even with tips, 3 cab rides were less than $15 :thumbsup:

I will never take a cab again--why?
    1--cheaper (even before the $10 credit AND even when I had to pay "surge" pricing of 75% higher; fare was still $15 from Harrahs to airport in a bit of traffic)
    2--cars nicer than cabs--typically MUCH nicer
    3--no hassles with being long hauled!!

• Informative Informative x 1
  2. NewOrleansSlimm

NewOrleansSlimm Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    used uber and lyft for the first time last week as I had the uber first ride up to $20 is free and lyft 1st 5 rides up to $10...liked uber better but im in the same boat as you, wont take a cab again...airport to CP with a lil sightseeing through uber was $11 if I had to pay...

3. robron

robron Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We used both Uber and Lyft last week and loved it! Usually we do a lot of walking or use the bus but it was just way to hot this trip. I don't think we will ever use the bus again it was cheaper using Uber and Lyft. I was amazed that he fare from the Flamingo to The D was only $11.00 and going from The D to the airport was $15.00. In the past we have always ended up over $30.00 for those trips in a taxi and also getting the crap scared out of us usually :).
    The only problem we had was that Lyft kept losing my husband's payment information so we had to keep putting that in but other than that it was fantastic!

4. East Coast Shuffle

East Coast Shuffle Low-Roller

I too am a convert. My wife and I used Uber and Lyft to maximize teh discounts as best we could. I found Lyft was better able to differentiate
    which tower of the Signature we were at vs. Uber. Always getting calls from the Uber drivers asking which tower. Lyft app had the right tower
    from the get go. Even after we burned through our discounts..saving one for the trip to the airport on departure day..cost of travel was significantly
    ;ess than taxis. Thumbs up to both!:thumbsup::thumbsup:

5. JWBlue

JWBlue VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Never used it before.

Biggest concern is what it is like driving in a strangers car. Is there any weirdness?

6. JoJoR

JoJoR High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    In my experience the cars are in better condition compared to a taxi. Drivers also seem to drive slightly better since its their personal car.

7. marksind

marksind Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    To me there's often a "weirdness" associated with a cab ride, frequently starting with the driver. We used Uber in Vegas several times in April. The cars ranged from a Honda Odyssey van to a new Audi A4. Regardless, they were all nicer than cabs and the drivers were more like regular folk (probably since each said they just did it to supplement their income from a primary job).

8. East Coast Shuffle

East Coast Shuffle Low-Roller

I took at least 12 rides this last time out. All were very pleasant. Hop in the back seat like you would a cab. Most will engage in conversation and won't
    if you don't feel like it.

9. KKB

KKB VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree--have had way more weird cab drivers!