1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

New Job

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by mikeyvegas1, Jul 3, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. mikeyvegas1

mikeyvegas1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have a vegas trip booked for labor day weekend and my current job has gotten a little slow and limited my hours considerably. I applied and interviewed for new job yesterday. I will take the job if they offer it to me but there will be a conflict between the mandatory overtime they are running and my flight out Friday night. I did not bring it up in the interview and have not received the offer yet. The trip will be well with in the probationary period so I don't think calling in is the best idea. Any suggestions on how to handle this situation? I really want this trip.

Sons 21st birthday trip
  2. Nevyn

Nevyn VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wait for an offer.

If you get one, then while negotiating terms (any changes to the offer, and your start date), mention that you had pre-arranged travel for that date. Ask if you can arrange to have it off (as an unpaid day if need be).

If they say yes, you're golden. If they say no, decide whether you'd rather have the job or the trip.

Their answer could greatly depend on what the job is, and how replaceable it is. But generally speaking, recruiting is expensive, and if all you are asking is an accomodation that costs them nothing other than covering one shift, I'd think they would let you do it.

3. phade

phade Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Agreed as above. Best time to tackle that discussion is during negotiations after the initial offer. Pre-arranged travel or time off is pretty common to come across and most companies can accommodate it.

4. MrsFuri

MrsFuri Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a Talent Executive and I can tell you... you should absolutely wait until the initial offer is made and you're on your side of the negotiation process. As another poster said, it's typically to accommodate pre-arranged travel, so don't sweat it too much! If you need help with wording your negotiation to include this time off, I'm happy to help... just PM me :)

-MrsFuri

5. mikeyvegas1

mikeyvegas1 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the advice, got the job and the time off for a vegas trip.

Sons 21st birthday trip
  6. Angiemac

Angiemac Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Congrats! I am sure that also means positive results in Vegas! Good luck!

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.