1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

New D hosts

Discussion in 'Comps' started by FullBoat, Aug 21, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, both of my old hosts left The D a few months ago. :(

I just sent an email to one of my old ones, and got a "response". Well, if you can call it that. Guy didn't introduce himself to me. Didn't tell me he was taking over for my old host. Didn't even say hi.
    Just got 1 line from him "Can comp 3 nites".

Has anyone gotten a new host at the D yet? Just wondering if he was having a bad day maybe, or is this going to be par for the course from now on? I'm not a huge player, but figure about $70-$100/hand. And, it's not like I was asking for a suite, and a free steak dinner. But, just a "Hi, I'm taking over for Avery since he left." would have been nice.

What do y'all think?

As a side note, got an email from Marty last week from DG saying that she can offer me everything I was getting at The D.

2. TheCooler

TheCooler Professional Gambler and the Best Football Handica

I got a call from Marty a few weeks ago asking me if I wanted to move my downtown play to DTG. As much as I like her, I just can move to that property. I like The D a lot. My new host is Miguel Garza. I haven't met him yet or given The D any play since he's been my host. His emails have been helpful, but cold. He makes it sound like he's doing me a favor. Your level of play should be enough to get you all the attention you want at The D.

3. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yeah, the guy who emailed me back was Pete Scarpa. I wonder if all the good people left. And, I'm in the same boat as you. I like playing at The D, and GG. With all the changes at DTG it would be even harder to move over there I would think.

4. TheCooler

TheCooler Professional Gambler and the Best Football Handica

Not to mention I hate the location of DTG. I wonder why Marty left. She was pretty popular there and DTG is going downhill. Doesn't seem like a positive career move to me.

5. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    They must have thought she could bring in extra clients. And, must have offered her a lot better deal than what she was getting at The D.

6. Gmoney10

Gmoney10 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Pete is my new host also and emailed and called me after I tried emailing Avery about my upcoming October trip. He seemed okay and was able to offer everything Avery offered before. We'll see how it is in October. I like to gamble at the D also and wouldn't switch over to DTG especially since they're up for sale. Who knows what will happen in the meantime.

7. FullBoat

FullBoat VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe I just got him on a bad day. I'll be going back there in Nov most likely. Or October if I can't wait that long. ;)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.