1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

"New" Blueman show? Saw 'em at Venetion. See it again?

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by dandaman, Mar 17, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. dandaman

dandaman Low-Roller

Mar 29, 2004
    Far, far east Houston
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Saw them 5 - 6 years ago in their super special, built just for them theatre with the paper over the head etc. The wife would like to go see them again and I would love a little input from some of you that have seen the new show at the Monte Carlo.
  2. Tellafriend

Tellafriend High-Roller

Feb 8, 2011
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    The MC show was a rip off. They try selling it as some new show. Bullshit. 75% of it was the same shit as at the V/P. I was seriously dissappointed. Glad i didn't pay for the tickets.
  3. ah6tyfour

ah6tyfour High-Roller

Dec 12, 2009
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I posted a few things about the Monte Carlo version of the show when it opened.

Here's a link to a discussion about it:

And here's what I wrote regarding someone else's review of the show:
    I attended the media preview and they pretty much performed all the new bits back to back, including the new finale and the re-imagined pipes (and not counting the way-too-long scrolling text before the show actually starts). The show lasted 45 minutes. The other 45 minutes are Blue Man Group classics that cannot be removed. So I guess the show is exactly 50% new. They also changed the overall "theme" of the show, which is something major and changes the feel of the show as a whole.

If you've seen the touring version of the Blue Man Group show, there will only be two truly new experiences. The smoke ring drums and a comedic act about slot machines.
    Last edited: Mar 18, 2013
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.