1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Never seen a cirque show

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by haswhit, Nov 25, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. haswhit

haswhit Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My husband and I are headed to Vegas last week of January and first week of Feb. We have never seen a Cirque show and would like to do so this time. Was thinking of O but wondering which is best to start with?

2. GREGRIO

GREGRIO Tourist

Nothing at all wrong with 'O' 'haswhit', lots of folks really like it...it kinda bores me, lol.
    'O' has wonderful Artists, color and texture for your eyes, and that 'water stage' is
    pretty amazing. My problem is the variety. For me, there isn't enough and...the over all
    feeling of the Show has a kinda 'dark' feel to it (for me) BUT...many folks love it and
    it certainly is something to see at some point.

If you do, I suggest the UPPER REAR SECTIONS.
    SEC. 203 is center. Avoid ROWS O and P...the stair handrail is in your view.
    Sit ROWS Q,R,S....
    Sections 204 and 202 are good also. Just stay as centered as possible to SEC. 203.
    Look at the seating chart, know what you're spending your money on. 'O' is expensive.
    Call the Box Office for help and tickets: 1.888.987.7111

THE UPPER REAR SECTIONS PROVIDE YOUR BEST CIRQUE EXPERIENCE IN THEIR SHOWROOMS.

For your 1st CIRQUE Show, I suggest MYSTERE at Treasure Island.
    SECTION 203, ROWS CC,DD,EE,FF
    Sections 202 and 204 are also real good, just stay as centered as possible to SEC. 203

Check this out...
    www.treasureislandlasvegas.com
    'click' SHOWS...
    'click' pic of MYSTERE...
    On the RIGHT side of the page under LAS VEGAS SHOWS & ENTERTAINMENT at TI...
    'click' Seat Map Views.

MYSTERE is colorful, wonderfuls Artists (they all are in all the CIRQUE Shows...) and it's a bit
    more affordable than some of the others. IT'S A GREAT PLACE TO START!
    Call the Box Office for tics: 1.800.944.7444

3. LAV

LAV Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    IMO, O stands for "Over-rated."

It is basically the same routine throughout most of the show.

I would suggest trying one of the other cirque shows, Mystere, Ka, Zarkana.

But, if you do decided to see O, you will probably like it though. I know a lot of people; just not me.

4. atom

atom High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love is definitely worth seeing if you are Beatles fans. It's really well done. The imagery is fantastic and the music has been perfectly reworked to fit the show. Otherwise, listen to Gregrio, he's the resident show expert for sure!

5. bryinmi

bryinmi Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You will get every response under the sun on this topic. I really like O and KA, thought Mystere was ok and pretty much thought Love sucked. And you will get the exact opposite opinion on the same shows.

Honestly, just pick one and go see it. For "first timers" most people recommend you start with Mystere.

6. Saaz

Saaz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with the above post. They have gone some different directions starting first with Ka and then with Love, which is the least "Cirque" of the bunch. Love is a huge production, great music, just not "the amazing feats of human ability" that Cirque is usually known for. Mystere fits that best. I have seen it three times and it is a wonderful show.

7. jpm1603

jpm1603 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I have seen KA, Zumanity, Love, and Mystere and would rate them in that order! Hard to go wrong with any of them though

8. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    O was my very first Vegas show, and after leaving it, I felt like I had gotten a lump of coal in my stocking. Very stuffy, creepy, monotonous, and yet impressive at the same time, like walking through an dark art gallery. If you're looking for a fun show, MYSTERE would seem to be the most appropriate choice. It has all the wow, weirdness, and acrobatics, with a nice slice of silliness and laughs to make it all go down nicely. And it is much much less expensive than O.....

9. plethera1

plethera1 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I vote for Mystere. First and best Cirque show for me.

10. Alwayspackedforadventure

Alwayspackedforadventure Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    O was my first cirque show and I found it to be underwhelming. KA was better as far as story and themes. I've seen Love twice and that's my favorite cirque show by a long shot. It's creative and beautifully done.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.