1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Neon Museum - Evening Tours Sell Out?

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by BethChicago, Aug 7, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. BethChicago

BethChicago Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a planner, traveling with folks who are "let's just see how it goes" people. We're trying to find a middle ground... :peace:

I'd like to buy tickets in advance for the Neon Museum because we'd really like to go and specifically to get an evening tour so the temps are a bit more comfortable. We're only in town Fri-Mon so we'd be looking to book a tour Fri,Sat or Sun nights.

Does anyone know if weekend evening tours sell out?

Thanks!

Beth

2. jr7110

jr7110 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As someone who has visited the Neon Boneyard several times, I can tell you that the tours could sell out (although I have yet to do a night one).

The tour schedule seems to have changed since I last visited (about a year ago) and they have added more times including the evening tours (a good thing) but since you really want to go, why take the chance? Pick the night you want to go and purchase the tickets in advance.

I have gotten some phenomenal photos from the daytime tours. As for night, I am sure the area is well lit for the tour, but the signs themselves do not light up (it would cost way too much money to restore all of them) so don't count on seeing the signs they way they were back in the day when they lit up the Vegas night sky - still you will love it! The tour is a fascinating peek into the history of Las Vegas...

3. BethChicago

BethChicago Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks JR!

Yes, I heard that they do some "uplighting" to the old signs with lights just shining on them, and maybe have 1-2 actually working? But I still think it would be cool to see them "lit up" (if even in this style) in the evening. Plus it will be a lot cooler!

BLL

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.