1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Neon museum and container park

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by Needmeavegasgettaway, Feb 23, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Needmeavegasgettaway

Needmeavegasgettaway Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Can you wall from Downtown to the Neon Museum and the Container Park?

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Container Park is a very easy walk, just on the other side of the El Cortez (east on Fremont) and very much a part of downtown. The Neon boneyard is a different issue IMHO... it's a very walkable distance... north from downtown on Las Vegas Blvd. and on the right hand side, but you have to have a tolerance for some panhandlers, vagrants and other area near-do wells. After you pass under the freeway, there's a couple mini-mart joints they tend to congregate at and around. They're rather vocal and bothersome and the whole sidewalk area is just dirty, etc. plus crossing by the freeway is wide and heavily trafficed. If that kinda thing doesn't bug you... it's relatively quick walk. I have a pretty high tolerance for it and I'd take a cab.

3. katmu

katmu Well-Known Member

I wouldn't, and absolutely not after dark. It's on the far side of 515, probably about 3/4 of a mile from the canopy on Fremont Street.

I really enjoyed the tour there though so I would definitely recommend it.

4. Needmeavegasgettaway

Needmeavegasgettaway Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the info. Glad I asked about the walk.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.