1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Neon boneyard night tours

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by sammasseur, May 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. katmu

katmu Well-Known Member

Thanks for posting this Sam!

I'll report back on how the night tour is after I'm back.

3. sammasseur

sammasseur VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll be eager to hear. Have fun!

4. RedRock702

RedRock702 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just bought my tickets last night as I was planning my trip. They didn't offer night tours before but when I saw it I knew I had to go!

5. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm doing the night tour next Wednesday. I went there in December for a day tour and the night tour sounds great!

Super Bowl Weekend for a Bachelor Party!
  6. katmu

katmu Well-Known Member

I'm back from my trip and I did the Neon Museum night tour at 8 on Tuesday. Only a handful of the signs are restored and lit so far, the rest have spotlights on them. It's still really neat though. The Stardust sign that Sam posted above is lit one letter at a time. I think the best thing about the tour is how knowledgeable the tour guide was about the history of Vegas. The tour lasted about an hour.

One caveat: There is an extended stay motel right next door and at one point in our tour we had an added bonus of overhearing a conversation between a couple of drunk guys at the hotel. Depending on how you look at it, it may have just added to the Vegas experience.

A couple of pics, sorry they are iPhone pics so not super clear.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

7. LuckyInLove

LuckyInLove Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This looks great. I have never seen it. Sounds like it might be best to wait a little longer until more signs are lit.

8. lnz

lnz Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A couple of questions about the night time tour.
    (1) Would the nighttime tour be OK for a woman travelling solo and (2) What time does it get dark in August and (I suppose this must be 3 then) would the tour still be good if it wasn't properly dark?

9. johnvic

johnvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The only issue for a women travelling solo is getting there and back. If you're concerned then take a taxi there and back. They will call a cab for you.

Go here for sunset times http://www.timeanddate.com/worldclock/astronomy.html?n=127&month=8&year=2013&obj=sun&afl=-11&day=1

I did the night time tour at 8 PM last week, it was almost dark when we started and dark when we finished. I really think the night time tour is worth it.

Super Bowl Weekend for a Bachelor Party!
  10. katmu

katmu Well-Known Member

I did the nighttime tour last week as a solo female (at 8 pm also, although on a different night than John I think). I agree that your only issue will be getting there and back. I had a rental car so I drove, but if you won't have a car I would definitely take a cab. The area just north of downtown isn't somewhere I would consider walking alone.

I think at 8 pm in August it would be plenty dark enough. I would highly recommend the nighttime tour.

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.