1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Nellis AFB - Air Show

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by redowl, Oct 26, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. redowl

redowl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
  2. sunshine54

sunshine54 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Great great Air Show !!

If you want to see much of the show take a camping chair with you and don't forget sunglasses, hat and suncream.

And if you are going by car I think it is very important that you notice your parking lot, because it is a very big parking area and difficult to find the car, if you not remembered your parking lot.

Last edited: Oct 28, 2012
  3. redowl

redowl Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thank you for the note about parking. We'll be driving ourselves, but I wasn't aware the parking lot was as big as it is.

Is there much going on there other than the actual air show? (vendors, tours, food, grounded planes to walk through, etc?)

Being from Wisconsin, the Oshkosh Air Show (EAA) is my only frame of reference. That show has plenty of planes, but there is just as much going on on the ground as there is in the air.

4. DeMoN2318

DeMoN2318 The DERS

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I went in 2011 and it was FANTASTIC!!! You actually park near the drag strip and the NASCAR track and you take a tour bus to the air show. There are tons of planes on the ground and there are great demonstrations in the air. There are not too many vendors. I would say there isn't enough to go both days...and if I remember right most of the air demos are the same each day. If you are only going to one day you should check the schedule and see which air demos you really want to see. For example, we went Saturday and did not go Sunday and unfortunantely the B2 bomber demo was on Sunday but the B1 demo was Saturday.

They have a few of the huge cargo planes open and you can walk through them and really get a feel for how big they are.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.