1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Need someone with windows 95 or 98 computer.

Discussion in 'Coupon Swap' started by 123kid, Apr 28, 2012.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 123kid

123kid Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Fellow comp hustlers. I need to run some old blackjack software, but it doesnt run on windows 7. I will give anyone used ACG books with some matchplays taken out but everything else in it, just to run my software on it for a few hours and sim a game. if your coming to vegas or live here, please help if you have a old win 95 or 98 computer. I cant even find one on craigslist.

2. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Did you try running the software in compatibility mode?

Right click on the software and select PROPERTIES
    Then click on the COMPATIBILITY tab
    Check the checkbox next to "RUN THIS PROGRAM IN COMPATIBILITY MODE FOR"
    Select WINDOWS 98 from the dropdown list

If its some of the other settings getting in your way you can change them there as well, like 256 color mode, etc.

3. 123kid

123kid Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    i tried compatibility mode. doesnt work. i just think windows 7 is too far removed from my software. the guy at geek squad said compatibility mode doesnt work for all software.

4. ItsJustMe

ItsJustMe Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Do you still have the Win95 or Win98 software to install?

If you do you can download and install a free virtual machine on your Win7 machine. Do a search on "oracle virtual pc". Install Win95/98 in the virtual machine.

5. DMSCR

DMSCR High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Go to ebay and type in "dell windows 98." You will get a boatload of computers (mostly laptops) from $50 to $120.

Oh hell. I have an old IBM laptop with a not so good battery (but working well plugged to an outlet but not stand alone) that will definitely run Windows 95/98. Want to get rid of it but too lazy to and don't know how. If you want this darn thing please PM me since I found someone who will find better use of it than going to a dumpster or something.

6. user3657

user3657 High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I too have old boxes ive been planning on fixing and selling on ebay with winxp...but i can load 98 if you want. pm me.

7. ballhog

ballhog Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Cheap and easy way. Installed Virtual box on your windows 7 machine, and run windows 98 on a virtual machine. It sounds harder then it really is, but its easy. It will run windows 98 in a window on your windows 7 machine. The install disk for windows 98 is super cheap on ebay.

Virtual Box - Free - www.virtualbox.org/

8. gguerra

gguerra Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.