1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Need show recommendations for my next trip!

Discussion in 'Shows & Entertainment' started by longislander615, Apr 23, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. longislander615

longislander615 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi everyone, I'll be going back to Vegas in May and am planning to see Mystere and probably 1 other show.

I've already seen Ka, Love, Zumanity, O, Blue Man Group(MC) and Jabbawockeez (MC).

I really like the acrobatic, large scale production Cirque shows but don't have much interest in Chris Angel and I already saw Zarkana in NY. Not looking to go to anything like Fantasy, Jubilee, or the like this trip either. I also have no interest in Manilow, Dion, or anything like that. Beyond that, however, I'm open to recommendations.

What do you all think of Penn and Teller? Absinthe? Terry Fator? Copperfield? Any other suggestions?

2. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Since you have either seen the vast majority of shows, and ruled out some others...

Absinthe is a good choice.

Personally, since you have seen so many of the other Cirq shows, I am thinking Mystere might be a letdown. Great show, but usually if one of the first - my opinion.

I noticed a lack of musicals. Jersey Boys, Human Nature, etc. Not as much big show stuff, but good.

3. longislander615

longislander615 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Hi Nostresshere,thanks for your recommendations! - I would be open for musicals, I like seeing going to Broadway here in NY. Are the shows on a similar scale you'd think to Broadway productions?

And you're not the fist I've heard say Mystere could be a let down, especially when compared to the other cirques. What makes you say that? Are the acts just very basic?

4. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    How old are you? If you're late 40s or older, I highly recommend Jersey Boys. Best thing I've seen in Vegas in a long time.

5. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jersey Boys is awesome! Best thing I've seen in years in Vegas. I don't know anyone that couldn't enjoy that show. Donnie & Marie great too, highly highly entertaining variety show (don't knock it! they are really fun), seen them twice, my parents have gone twice. Loved both those shows a lot.

Carrot Top is my favorite show in Vegas, if you like silly humor you can't beat it. It's the funniest thing I've ever seen!

Didn't care for Copperfield. Wasn't that exciting or so I recall it's been a while.

I've heard great things about Penn & Teller I've just never made it there.

How about Le Reve? Haven't seen it, but acrobatic and stuff that isn't a Cirque since you enjoy those.

6. ValerieJo

ValerieJo Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Jersey boys was excellent. If you like broadway musicals, it definitely fits the bill. I highly recommend it.

First time at 4 Queens
  7. mike_m235

mike_m235 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Let me caveat that if you have problems with foul language, Jersey Boys isn't a good choice.

8. nostresshere

nostresshere Mr. Anti Debit Card

Trips to Las Vegas:
    It is used some in the show, but not over the top in my book. More of what guys from the rough side of Jersey would use. There, but not in your face.

Good point though if a few flying F's causes some people trouble.

9. Sallymander

Sallymander Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'll chime in with another vote for Jersey Boys! An excellent production! (Check Travelzoo for deals.)

10. grosx2

grosx2 VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm a 29 year old guy who doesn't usually give two shits about theater or musicals, but I've seen Jersey Boys twice and it is OUTSTANDING.

11. jdvegas

jdvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I heard that Absinthe was very good.

12. ksgambler

ksgambler Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Penn and Teller was an excellent show. Meet and great after show was awesome.

13. AusTex11

AusTex11 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Absinthe is great, and so far has been the only show I've had no hesitation in watching again. You've got to have quite a sense of humor for it though. Absinthe is nothing if not ABSOLUTELY crude in it's presentation. It's Cirque gone dirty, and not in the Zumanity way. They throw out curse words and reference uglies quite a bit in the show, but I can't remember any bit of it where I was bored or not laughing. It's absolutely hilarious if you don't mind that sort of humor, and it's theater set up is pretty unique for the strip. Theater in the round within an intimate enough setting for you to feel right up in the action.

14. tldbucs

tldbucs Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Love Terry Fator, my wife and I have seen him 3 times. Jersey Boys was excellent too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.