1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Need advice on getting a cheap room downtown Apr.6

Discussion in 'Downtown Hotels' started by bootsnixon, Mar 9, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    That or some peoples definition of a "low roller" seems to be very subjective.

2. makikiboy

makikiboy VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:

I'm probably classified as a "no" roller, ha ha. :evillaugh

Actually the problem is that it is easier to get comps as a machine player than a table player. For most places, you need to be green chip table players (on average per roll) to qualify for comps. Of course there are other things which will qualify you for comps, such as playing for long periods of time and many days, varying your bets, etc. Many people say that it is easy to get comps because they play machines and don't have to put in very much and they get offers and comps. Wish it were that way with the tables, I usually put in a few grand on my vegas trips but because I mostly play red chips it doesn't amount to much in comps.

3. joshrocker

joshrocker VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm in the exact same boat. I rarely get comped anything. It's always a little frustrating when you hear people say how they’re a low roller and get offers for free hotel rooms and never pay for a meal. I think to myself, “I’m a low roller, and I’m lucky to get a couple of free meals a trip”. It is true though, play penny slots for a few hours a day and you’ll get the world. Play less than $ 25 a hand and you’re more of an annoyance than anything else.

I do chuckle sometimes at people's definition of "low roller". I've read reports of people playing hundreds of dollars a hand on this board and still trying to classify themselves as a low roller.

*I understand the nature of the house edge and the different theo holds. I do understand why the system is the way it is, It doesn’t mean I have to like it. :Þ

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.