1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Need Advice at V/P...good host left

Discussion in 'Comps' started by en11871, Aug 16, 2016.

1. en11871

en11871 Tourist

Apr 14, 2014
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    I just need advice of what to do. I had a very good host at V/P of whom no longer works there...very recent. Her title was Executive Director of National Marketing. I know many of you said that the title doesn't really matter in regards to what can be offered, but this host has treated me well. I'm Platinum and my offers are in the 900 range of FP and 250 Dining Credits. I would say I average about 750 worth of charges, so extra 500 on top of my usual 250. That is always picked up without question by this host, with show tickets and stuff as well. I found out she's no longer there. Now my offers has Tyler Bain (Executive Director of Relationship Marketing) printed in the Contact Me button. Also recently a Slot Marketing Executive contacted me via email and said my host was no longer at V/P and that I was now assigned to him. That is usually BS in regards to them telling you that they are assigned to you. I have had 2 others Slot Marketing Executives "assigned" to me before, and they were both terrible. Any host that disappears and unresponsive is considered terrible to me. I don't care if you can't do somethings on the backend, but be straight forward and at least respond! So what should I do? Should I: 1) contact the VP via email as ask if he would put me in the right direction in regards to host, looking at my play history, 2) contact this Tyler Bain, 3) contact this new "assigned" host/slot marketing executive...does this position has as much leeway as the prior Executive Director of National Marketing , or 4) contact no one and just book using VIP and see how it goes at the end of my stay.? Sorry for writing a book. Thank you all in advance!
  2. the nuts

the nuts High-Roller

Aug 11, 2005
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Interestingly enough we also had a host that was awesome and she suddenly left VP about a year ago. None the less we got bounced around to others and nobody was as good as the original. She was always available and did her best to make things happen. I would say your best bet is to contact Tyler Bain and let that person know how you are accustomed to being treated. My second choice would be to wing it and see what happens once youre there, you might find a great host. That's what we should have done from the begining once we found out (instead we dealt with the person "assigned" to us). Its just a normal thing for a great staff member to be promoted. That's why the great ones don't last. Good luck.
  3. Homelessnyc

Homelessnyc MIA

Jul 13, 2016
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Not really sure how attached you are to the property but if the host was that good id try to find out where she went and see what she can do for you at her new place
  4. rgrif57

rgrif57 Low-Roller

Nov 16, 2014
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    For the 3 years we went to V/P we had 2 very good host but both left (one went to work for a cosmetic company and the other to Caesars), the third came along the same time that Sheldon decided he didn't want to comp anything to mid level players so we left. Each of the hosts were able to give the same service though the second was the best and really took care of us. Tyler should be able to help you as well as your previous host Once they pulled a comped room from us (average 30k on a less the full pay vp) we went back to CET............Rick
    New Years Eve 2016/17
    Spring Trip