1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Need a Hotwire expert....

Discussion in 'Misc. Vegas Chat' started by tmaas21, Apr 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. tmaas21

tmaas21 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Ran out of comp days on the calendar and looking for a cheap way into the Golden Nugget. Thought about trying Hotwire...but I've never used it before.

I punch in the dates for downtown Vegas and get the following....

4 Star

2.5 Star

1 Star

The 4 Star has to be the Nugget doesn't it???? What else downtown could be called 4 star??? It also lists "pool" under the amenties.

Please help. Thanks!

2. Drambler

Drambler High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    www.biddingfortravel.com has the only 4 star down there as the Nugget which makes sense. Check out their site and they have a list of properties that are associated with the different stars.

3. tatterdema

tatterdema VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Golden Nugget is the only 4 star on Fremont. It also is the only one that is listed as a resort, and if you click to the right where it says"examples of hotels" or something similar, it lists Golden Nugget.

Just a thought, but usually Hotwire is only a couple dollars less for Golden Nugget than the hotel website, where you can get deals to bring it below Hotwire price. Ditto for Orbitz, and Expedia. If you have a little while, Orbitz frequently has 15% off codes that bring it well below Hotwires price, but still giving you the option to cancel.

4. LolaDoggie

LolaDoggie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I've used Hotwire a lot for car trips but never in Vegas. Don't use Hotwire or Priceline if you really want to stay at one particular hotel. You have to be ready to roll the dice with those sites. The websites quoted are good at giving you an idea of what to expect but it's not a guarantee. My brother in law is cheaper than we are (and that's saying something) but he can't get his head around not knowing what hotel you're getting until after so he can't use Hotwire. It's not for everybody and it's not for every destination. And like another poster mentioned, you might only save a few bucks and you have other ways to get discounts at other sites. I'm a big fan of Hotwire but I would say don't do it if you must stay at Golden Nugget. Good luck man!

5. hammie

hammie VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Bidding for travel does not list Hotwire hotels, however, www.betterbidding.com lists both Hotwire and Priceline. Betterbidding just launched a new app that lets you monitor prices for your dates of travel. The app also has a feature called biddinghelper that lets you enter one set of dates and a zone and will check prices for Hotwire, Priceline, and Hotels.com .

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.