1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

Need a good place to play on Friday evening

Discussion in 'Off-Strip Hotels' started by oudi14, Feb 13, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. oudi14

oudi14 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We arrive in Vegas on Fri. April 25. Staying at Westgate Flamingo Bay. I will have my wife, MOL, and daughter with me. Now, I know better than to go anywhere near the strip on a Friday evening; I just hope that my womenfolk can accept that, since they are such diehard fans of the MGM; can anyone suggest a good off strip place which is A] not too far from where we are staying, B] not too much of a dive, and C] have low table limits, since I can't afford more than $5 a hand. I also need good slots, since that's what the others play. Last time there, we played at the Silverton a certain amount, that was 5 years ago; now my knowledge is a bit dated. Any advice would be welcome.

2. Brutalfacts

Brutalfacts Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I am going to be interested in the answers myself. When we started visiting Vegas regularly in 2004 we would stay on the strip and use the weekend evenings to go Downtown. Liked Downtown so much we started staying there and visiting the strip as a day trip. Downtown has changed a bit over the years and become more party orientated so it may not be what your looking for.

Now we are branching out to off strip properties for value, bang for your gambling buck, and lets face it we are aging low(ish) rollers who while liking a good party we don't have the same...shall we say comfort?...tolerance level?....or maybe desire to deal with the crowds and craziness we once did. I have never been further south to gamble than Mandalay Bay so I am clueless as to what the weekends are like at places like Silverton, South Point and GVR. I have weekend dates in Vegas week after next and am also interested on what to expect.

3. vegasvic

vegasvic VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You're just a mile and a half from the Palms, Gold Coast and Rio. All good choices. Very cheap gambling at the GC and the Palms and Rio are both very nice. Might be tough to find $5 on a Friday night at Palms and Rio but GC always has them. You'll also be only about 2 and a half miles from the Orleans, another good choice.

4. Buddha

Buddha VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Based on your given specifics, I would also suggest the Gold Coast.

5. oudi14

oudi14 Newbie

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the suggestions. Now that I think about it, I did play at the Gold Coast once before. There was a dealer at one table I was at, and everyone there was calling him Ivan the terrible.

6. TomTWI

TomTWI Custom Title

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I agree with Gold Coast. On a Friday night probably only find $5 from a shoe, during the week they usually have some $5 two deck. Southpoint would have $10 on weekend nights I think, but during the day $5 two deck. I haven't been to Silverton on a weekend for a while so not sure there.

Have fun

TomTWI

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.