1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

NBA 1st round draft..

Discussion in 'The Sports Book' started by kevstf, Jun 25, 2014.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. kevstf

kevstf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Tomorrow the Cavaliers have the 1st round pick in the NBA draft,with the Embiid injury,who do you think is going to be the #1 draft pick?
    The Cavaliers will have to pick wisely after the Bennet debacle from last year.

I think the obvious choice is Jabari Parker or Andrew Wiggins.

On a side note, the Cavaliers have the 1st pick and Jabari Parker is rumoured to have a preference for the Bucks.

2. smartone

smartone VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I hope they take Wiggins and I hope LeBron returns! One of those things has a really GREAT chance of happening, the other maybe not so much. I grew-up in Akron and the whole area just really needs the Good Sports Fairy to smile on them!!!

3. UKFanatic

UKFanatic The Arbiter of Taste Caviar Kid

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If they keep the pick, my guess is they select Wiggins

4. qoolness

qoolness Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Embiid has so much upside, but I think his injury saved the Cavs from the possibility that he never develops. At least Wiggins and Parker look pretty close to sure things, IMO. I don't think they can go wrong with either, but Wiggins probably is the pick.

5. fossefritz

fossefritz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
  6. KellyLovesVegas

KellyLovesVegas certified personal trainer/retired space nerd

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Rock Chalk Andrew Wiggins :)

7. UKFanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
  8. fossefritz

fossefritz Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:

Very true very true:)

9. feeltheheat

feeltheheat Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    who wants to live in ohio, when you can live in south beach.
    their fairy has to be jff now... lol

10. M0rtyC

M0rtyC Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    FIFA (cable) out rated NBA(network). After Magic, Bird and Jordan.... Who cares.

Bonus early day Downtown
    Annual end of the rodeo trip
  11. UKFanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Well, this question is off topic, but the answer is the millions of NBA fans worldwide

12. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    As a Sixers fan I'm rooting for us to somehow get Wiggins. We got shafted with those horseshoe-up-their-asses Cavs getting lucky with getting the first pick. If the Sixers were sitting at 1-2 I'd be a whole lot more comfortable or if Embiid wasn't made of paper mâché.

1 or 2 and 10 would've bed ideal for us...Wiggins/Parker and Stauskas/McDermott and I'm happy.

But I have a feeling the Sixers will end up with Exum and I'm not sure how I feel about that. I don't want Embiid and didn't when he was having back issues. Now throw in the foot problems and I'm off that wagon completely. Too risky.

Exum or Vonleh? I'm nervous. Hopefully CLE or MIL takes Embiid and leaves one of Wiggins or Parker.

13. DBear

DBear VIP Whale

Crazy. I loved basketball as a youngster but just don't have time to follow this stuff too closely anymore. I was interested in this years draft after seeing my first live NCAA game early last season. Saw Baylor play their season opener in Dallas. I read a few articles ahead of time. One was about a 2nd year player, Isaiah Austin, who had the chance to be a late first round draft pick a year earlier but chose to go back to Baylor for another year. Some folks would say take the guaranteed money while you can and hence why you see so many one and dones coming out of college so it is rare when you see a player of his caliber return to school. When I was watching Baylor warm up before the game, I was trying to remember who that article was about since I wanted to focus on him during the game but I just couldn't remember his name. Well, watching the warmups, I didn't have to remember his name. One kid stood out amongst the rest and not just because he was 7 feet tall. He was a 7 footer with a jump shot with some superb post up moves. Even in warm up, this kid stood out amongst the rest. I knew this was the guy written about in the articles about being one to watch this season.

I tried to watch Baylor during March Madness but I never got to see any of their games. Just wanted to follow them after seeing them live a few months earlier. That was the last time I googled them. I just read this post and it made me want to google this kid again to see if he was entering this years draft. I googled Isaiah Austin and was shocked to read the latest news. He was just diagnosed with some kind of rare disease that effectively kills his hoops dreams literally days before the draft! He was literally days away from signing a contract for millions of dollars and went from what would be one of the highest points in anyone's life to a shockingly low. He is being recognized by the NBA late in the first round as an honorary selection between picks 15 and 16 just to give him the experience of walking on stage being drafted. I was hoping to follow his basketball career as he truly showed some serious talent, especially for a 7 footer. Now it all comes to an end. All I can think of is, if he chose to enter last years draft, he would have signed the rookie contract which is a guaranteed 3 year contract I think. He potentially gave up millions with that decision. He seems to be taking it well thru various interviews he's given, relying heavily on his faith. After reading some recent interviews, he seems like an even more special kid now. Wish Isaiah all the best.

14. kevstf

kevstf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Wow crazy story, how different could his life be if he made a different choice last year!

15. UKFanatic

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Maybe. But the medical tests would have found the condition a year ago also. He seems like a good kid, so I hope everything goes well for him in the future

16. kevstf

kevstf Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Forgot about that hahaha :ssst:

17. Auggie

Auggie Dovahkiin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Most Canadians drafted this year, its like its now the "NB, eh?"

18. RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The Sixers are preparing to tank again next year.

I am very very very skeptical about Embiid as I mentioned above. I sure as shit hope he turns into another Hakeem and not another big man whose career ends because of back/feet problems.

Hinkie was able to get Dario Saric who reminds me of Drazen Petrovic....but he will not play in the NBA for two years.

So next year will be another rough season for us Sixers fans...but once Michael Carter-Williams, Nerlens Noel and Joel Embiid have time to grow then they could be really really good.

19. bardolator

bardolator Lifelong Low Roller

"We got shafted with those horseshoe-up-their-asses Cavs getting lucky with getting the first pick."

It's the Gilbert kid. Get yourself a five-foot middle schooler and you can be number one next year. Better yet, maybe your team and mine could win some games and become ineligible to draw the number one pick.

20. Vegasman

Vegasman Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This was an aberration. Soccer will never surpass the NFL, MLB, NBA on a consistent basis. In cities like Chicago, the NHL will beat it out too.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.