1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

NASCAR 2011 trip 3/2-3/8

Discussion in 'Vegas Trip Reports' started by MTMONGO, Mar 11, 2011.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.

MTMONGO Low-Roller

Jan 14, 2009
    Trips to Las Vegas:

My Trip Report

My wife and I made our yearly NASCAR trip to LV, year #6. This my first trip report, so I will break it into sections.

Flights: We did United, flights on time and uneventful. Only real down side was when we left LV our flight was at 6:15am, meaning the shuttle picked us up at 3:40am.

Hotel: We stayed at the Cal, east tower. Room was at the very end of the hall which made for some drunkin stumbling most nights. Room was very clean and well appointed, and good sized bathroom. Worked fine for us not being in the room but to sleep. The best part it was comped. I sure like the Boyd props.

Food: Since we where at the track for 3 days, we didn't do anything fancy. We did the Rosewood Grill and I had the Porterhouse special and wife had lobster. I had a bad ass hangover on Thursday morning and was told to go to Aloha Specialties and have the Loco Moco, it is the best hangover cure every (white rice, beef patty, 2 fried easy eggs, covered with brown gravy).

Gambling: This was one of our best trips ever. We did most of our gaming at the Cal. First night we were at the Main Street Bar, in the Cal, playing VP JOB. The guy next to me hits the royal progressive for $1400, not more than 15 mins later I hit it for $1005.18. So every time I would run into this guy he would yell out hey 5.18. On Friday night I set down at the roulette table and went on a streak for like 3 hrs finlly color up at $610. When I left the cage I see my wife at a bank of $1 slots, so I sat down and one eyed a slot for I have no clue. In the a.m. there is a TITO for $760 on the dresser, Nice. On Sunday my wife hit the royal progressive for $1147. Strange thing is we only came home with $1300. Is this why they comped the room and food charge:wink2:.

NASCAR; My wife and I are race junkies, we hit 2 races a year, LV in March and Homested for the final race of the year. They are talking 2 race dates at LVMS so bye bye Homested. My man Mark Martin won the Nationwide race on Saturday and won me a cool $400 at the book, so I put that on him for the Sprint Cup race Sunday and he comes in 18th, oh well.

We really liked the Cal, and hung there when we where not at the track.
    Our bankroll is up $1300 for the wifes b-day trip in Sept.
  2. thecarve

thecarve Misanthrope

Aug 24, 2009
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice hits on the VP/slots/roulette!:thumbsup: Can't complain when you head home with more than you brought (well, maybe if you have to catch the shuttle at 3:40).

How cool was that Nationwide finish? I love the young guns, but how can you not root for Martin?

This is the first Vegas race I've missed in several years. It killed me having to watch it on TV. I might have to try to catch the Indy race in Oct - hopefully they can convince Smoke or Allmendinger or Montoya to go for the $5MM payoff.

Thanks for the report...maybe we can grab a drink at next year's race.:beer:
  3. LaRae

LaRae Low-Roller

Oct 8, 2010
    Twin Cities/Western Wisconsin
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Coming out ahead in Vegas is a huge win to me. Thanks for posting.
  4. ronc

ronc High-Roller

Dec 17, 2009
    Needville, TX
    Trips to Las Vegas:
    Sorry I Missed You...

Good to know you go out for NASCAR every year...perhaps we can get a little meet going on another trip. We did not do the race but it was a nice weekend with all the extra activity (the hauler parade up the Strip was some good, free fun...hearing people hoot and holler for "their" driver and boo their least favorites). Tables were a little high when I went downtown Saturday, but that part of the deal is easy to restructure...

Sounds like you guys had a blast...thanks for the report!!
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.