1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas- What does room bonus mean?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by elrohir44, May 21, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. elrohir44

elrohir44 Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    On the rewards pages, Aria for example, there are two rewards for a mid-week comp room. One says "Midweek Comp Room" and the other says "Midweek Comp Room Bonus" and when you click on it is says "Bonus Day" near the top.

Does this mean that you actually get two days? If not, what does the bonus mean? I can't find anything in the program that specifies.

2. aggie182

aggie182 Off Key and Out of Tune

Trips to Las Vegas:
    There are certain days the free rooms work. The 'bonus' or cheaper ones are available on less days. They give you link to check availability. Usually it is the hotel's site with "/myvegasdates" at the end.

3. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
  4. Scullygirl33

Scullygirl33 Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    So does this mean that you can get two days still?
    Purchase 1 Mideweek comp and 1 Midweek Bonus and if the dates are good get a two night stay?
    If so great! Why was everyone complaining about no more two rooms offers...they just split them up into two seperate rewards.

5. Mitkraft

Mitkraft High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, it does mean you can get a two night stay. You might even be able to string a three night say together if you get a midweek, bonus, and weekend reward and manager to string them together. The reasons everyone are complaining are many and there is a raging debate over whether they have a right to be upset (heck whether they even have a right to voice it) but it boils down to the fact that in the past you could get a two night stay by using only one of your rewards (since you are limited to 3). But now each night stay uses up one of your rewards and limits your ability to get others. This combined with the new rule that no longer increases your reward number limits by buying chips has really caused a decrease in the value of rewards for many people. Someone who just started the game or someone who never looked ahead and planed a hypothetical future trip with rewards in mind might not understand. But as a for example:

In recent memory I was looking at maybe using my LP's to purchase a 2 night and a 1 night Mirage tower suite reward and spending my 3rd spot to purchase a reward for 2 tickets to Love. I have plenty of LP's and that's only a total of 3 rewards. I could have also bought a $5 chip package, gained the ability to purchase a 4th reward and gotten a Bellagio buffet for two with line pass.

Now however, there are no two night rewards, I believe all the show tickets are now for 1 person (at the same price btw), most (all?) of the buffet rewards are for one person (I think Bellagio is even gone) which effectively makes it a BOGO for a couple, and the ability to redeem more than 3 rewards has been removed.

So the hypothetical that once looked like this:

3 night Mirage Tower suite + 2 best available seats to love + 2 Buffets = Free

Now looks like this:

2 Nights in a standard level room + 1 general admission show tickets = I have to pay for the other ticket and drop to only 1 night free room if I want a free (or even BOGO meal)

Right or wrong, the point that many people are trying to make and many people don’t agree they have a point is that they wouldn’t have invested the time (and for some the money) if they knew 6 months or a year ago that this would be the current state of things.

6. MikeSlotPlayer

MikeSlotPlayer Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    myVegas not communicating about changes

I agree -- myVegas keeps saying how great they are while the rewards continually get more expensive, plus fewer and harder to redeem. While the people who got in early did well the people who join now get less and less for their time and effort.

I was really upset when without any notice whatsoever the myVegas reward I was working toward for months was removed! Instantly gone!

I am still playing the myVegas games for now but really the only reason I play myVegas is for the rewards - and if the rewards continue to get worse then I will stop playing. If I had bought any chips I would be even more upset.

Do you think they should post upcoming changes in advance on their Facebook fan page and FAQs? I do! Otherwise they are upsetting a lot of people, like me.

Here is an simple example of how to notify users of myVegas..."In two weeks we will be raising the redemption cost of some of our rewards and possibly removing some rewards entirely. If there are rewards that you like redeem you should redeem them by **date** and ***time***" and myVegas can put a expiration date on each reward showing when it will not longer be available for purchase.

Last edited: May 23, 2013
  7. James G

James G Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Are they really charging a resort free for the room offers?

8. Mitkraft

Mitkraft High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Yes, one of the recent changes was resort fees being charged on room reward redemptions.

9. fugsworth

fugsworth Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I'm not defending their lack of communication, but I have seen it mentioned in a few places that they reserve the right to tinker with the rewards as needed. Not all of those changes have been to the detriment of the player, by the way-- up until maybe a month or two ago, they weren't offering any weekend rooms at all, and there is a LOT more variety than when I started playing.

10. heatherlovesvegas

heatherlovesvegas VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I don't think they need to tell you. Why would they? People would just rage on their facebook page.. they are donating hundreds of thousands of dollars of free stuff for us, who pay nothing. So what if they wanna change it. Ultimately you should play cause you want to.

Also I mean to pay the $28 resort fee for a free night at Aria? that isn't so bad. I'd rather pay $28 then $149 plus the $28 lol. Also yea the variety is much better on rooms now. You can stay anywhere at any time basically.

I am annoyed at how hard it is to redeem though, but with a few days work at the right time, it's not that bad, took me 4 days to get the one I wanted this week. But I got it...

Tags:
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.