1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas MyVegas Trip Report

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by bpb1970x, Jan 19, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. bpb1970x

bpb1970x Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    My wife and I stayed at MB this past weekend. I used the $50 freeplay at MB and won $120 on the wonder woman penny slot after the third max bet ($2.50)! I also tried to use the $25 in freeplay but was told I would need a total of 5 nights stay to use it (we were there for 3 nights). The woman at the MB MLife desk was also the rudest person I dealt with all weekend in LV let alone at MLife. The Luxor and Excalibur MLife staff members were great. I did have a question about the $50 in freeplay later in the trip and the MB MLife employee was great. He even took me to a slot and showed me exactly how to use the freeplay.

I also used the $75 Tender steakhouse at Luxor voucher. Tender was ok, not great but also not bad. It was still $130 for two people with tip after using the $75 credit and I did not feel the food was worth $200 per couple with one drink each. The tomahawk ribeye for 2 ($85) was surprisingly tasteless. It had no seasoning which is fine for a quality cut of meat but this ended up not being prime and maybe not even choice. It reminded me of a grocery store ribeye even though it looked like it should taste good. The garlic mashed and asparagus sides were average. The service and the BLT wedge salad were both excellent. The BLT wedge salad came with two pieces of high quality piping hot thick bacon. It was definitely the standout of the meal. The bread is also room temperature thickly sliced loaf style, too filling and bland for me. They also have plenty of booths which is nice for couples and overall the decor and ambiance is very nice. I would go back but would try something else for sure. The Excalibur steakhouse might be a better bet with the $50 off of a $100 voucher on MyVegas. The Excalibur steakhouse also have a fixed price menu of salad/entree/desert for $41.99.

The last voucher was for the BOGO free brunch buffet at Excalibur. It was cheap, like 6000 gold coins. The weekend brunch buffet costs $22 so the voucher is worth that amount. When I redeemed it I was given a certificate for the free brunch. I did not need to do the BOGO but since there were two of us I still paid for the second brunch. The voucher also worked as a line pass which gets you right in. For $22 for 2 people it was good. They just spent $6 million renovating the Excalibur buffet and everything was nice and clean. Food was fine, with the standouts being the made to order omelettes and crepes. Both were very good. Everything at the desert section looked really good. We went to the breakfast place at Luxor the day before and it was $50 for two people after tip and had basically the same food as we got at the buffet but the buffet offered a lot more variety including fresh fruit.

2. miniwhale

miniwhale High-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    You should be able to use both with a 3 night stay. If you stayed at MB on a comp, you shoudn't have been able to use any. I have heard some bad things about their MLife desk; I have always had great service there.

3. abraxis

abraxis Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Nice report!

4. carolineno

carolineno VIP Whale

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks for the report - I think I will do a MyVegas report after my visit too :)

Ladies getaway, somewhere on the strip with a pool :)
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.