1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas room reward cancellation after reserving policy?

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by absinthe, Aug 14, 2016.

1. absinthe

absinthe Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I searched and did not find an answer for this question. I am search challenged at times so this may have been answered on here in the past.

What is the policy for cancelling MyVegas rooms, is it the standard MGM 72 hours before arrival? My reservation only says the cancellation policy was agreed upon when I booked the room. I'm sure the policy was shown but not sure if there are special rules due to MyVegas. I'm guessing that I would cancel through the Mlife site, I wouldn't get back points and this would count as redeemed. I'm fine with all that, just checking so I know the rules.

Situation for the question: I have an October comp room but plan on playing downtown that day. My friend may have a comp room downtown for me to crash in overnight. If I have a place to stay downtown for free then I don't have to travel back to the strip or pay the resort fees.

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I believe it is the standard 72 hours by cancelling through the hotel/mLife. If you do it early enough,sometimes they can work with you on moving the comp date for you, but that can be rare.

3. absinthe

absinthe Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    Thanks SHOCK. I wouldn't need to move the comp date, I'll either keep the room or have no need for the room. My friend may not know if he is making the trip until a week or so before my arrival. He has family/work issues to navigate.

If needed, I'll keep the room as a backup and pay the resort fees but I would rather give that cash to someone bringing me a tasty beverage or invest it on the pass line.

Cheers.