1. Welcome to VegasMessageBoard
    It appears you are visiting our community as a guest.
    In order to view full-size images, participate in discussions, vote in polls, etc, you will need to Log in or Register.

MyVegas Room Question

Discussion in 'MyVegas' started by number5sports, Feb 16, 2015.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. number5sports

number5sports Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    A few weeks ago I booked 3 nights at the Mirage under a promo that I found online. Now I see that a Comp Room Bonus is available for my final night. I called the Mirage reservation desk before I did anything. I asked if I should book the MyVegas night then call to cancel the reservation for my 3rd night.

She said that I can not use a MyVegas room on consecutive nights with a reservation made on any promotion. (The promo is 20% off and $25 dining credit.)

I asked if this was listed in the terms and conditions of the promo I booked under, the terms and conditions of MyVegas or both. She couldn't answer that but did say that they "just received a memo about this a few days ago".

I asked her what would stop me from booking the MyVegas night then calling back to cancel the third night. She said that I wouldn't be able to book the MyVegas because they would see my reservation in the system already. I asked her what if I had booked the MyVegas room first, how would I handle the other two nights. She said that I would have to pay rack rate.

Is this true? Any advice on what I could or should do? Anyone run into this before?

2. SH0CK

SH0CK Stylin' and Profilin' Quasi Tech Admin

Trips to Las Vegas:
    This is the first time I've heard of that. You may want to contact MyVegas support and ask them for clarification, but there shouldn't be a problem booking a MyVegas room and changing your existing reservation to take advantage of it.

3. miniwhale

miniwhale Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    We have booked MyVegas rooms with MLife offers. Of course, totally separate reservations. But we did it last summer at Mirage and November we did it at Mandalay Bay. We just had them combine the reservations after we got there.

4. number5sports

number5sports Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The woman who I spoke to at the Mirage reservation desk was very nice. I doubt that she was lying. Was she misinformed? I'm not sure what to believe. I sure don't want to have problems at check in over a 100 hotel room.

What should I do?

5. miniwhale

miniwhale Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I would think she was misinformed. But to be sure, contact MyVegas support to get it clarified. MyVegas should be a totally separate reservation.

6. number5sports

number5sports Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I was hoping this board could help. If not, how do I contact MyVegas support. What I found online seemed to by technical support for reporting issues with the game software.

7. Matty Ice

Matty Ice Low-Roller

Trips to Las Vegas:
    If it were me, I would; Purchase the MyVegas Mirage room reward, call MyVegas to confirm that that final night WAS available (don't book it yet), cancel your current reservation, make a new reservation for the first 2 nights with the promo (hopefully its still available), call MyVegas to redeem your room reward for the final night, and then call Mirage back to link your reservations.

8. number5sports

number5sports Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    The promo that I booked under is no longer available. This seems like a lot of work to save $128. Plus if I do it I'll be worried that my check in will be a disaster. Nothing like looking forward to a trip to Vegas for months then starting it off with an argument at the front desk.

I can't believe that I'm the only person that has been told this.

9. number5sports

number5sports Tourist

Trips to Las Vegas:
    I called back and got a new answer. The first lady must have been mistaken. The third night has been redeemed and confirmed. The original reservation has been revised.

Thank you everyone for your help.

:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.